10.2.600.5 Kinetic forms not working in TEST

Did you start log?

I enabled it and rebooted the VM but I can’t find any event log for it or any events. Sorry, that’s probably purely my incompetence with server administration

Changed value from 1 to 3

Then rebooted machine.
I’m not really sure where to look in the event viewer…IIS-Logging is empty.

Well holy sh*t boys, I figured it out. There was a old version of the task agent from a previous version of this environment running in the background this whole time and it was registered under the Live environment in EAC. Event viewer was throwing tons of errors regarding it.

Very weird, but stopping the windows service for the old task agent (which happens to run on the same windows service for the production environment, apparently)

Went into EAC into the production environment and saw a old 3.2.2 TA was running for this test environment, went to actions>delete, it threw an error but removed it, then I’m able to run kinetic forms.
I think applying the ciphers and such also fixed the issues related to Chrome as I’m now able to get to the API help page for this server, thanks @Olga @danbedwards @josecgomez you guys are awesome.

Thanks all, sorry for the wild goose chase. Hopefully this helps someone who performs an upgrade with a similar environment setup…

2 Likes

Haha what that didn’t make any sense why would task agent make a difference for kinetic :crazy_face::crazy_face::expressionless::triumph:

Glad you figured it out but wtf

1 Like

I checked where it logs, and all messages are going into Windows Logs\System with Schannel Source
They are not specific for IIS, they are for all crypto operations

1 Like

I’m still gonna take a peak there to see if it was logging anything weird prior to removing that old task agent. Good to know, thank you!