4GL code help and advice

I'm keying several things of of PartTran as a Data Directive in E9... I think that's actually why, since I tried keying on Update and getting nothing.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@...> wrote:
>
> Has anyone ever attempted to save the TOTAL QtyOnHand, for the entire plant, to a table? If so, were you successful?
>
> ________________________________
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mmcwilliams22
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:23 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice
>
>
>
> I am having a similar issue with creating a BPM in receipt entry.
> I was hoping once the parttran.update method was called I could populate quantities in a UD table. But I never see it in the logs and I tried putting a Warn with no condition and never see that either.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> >
> > EXACTLY!! They are not following their own BO rules. Why allow the PartTran.Update be available if you can not trigger on it?
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of rossh777
> > Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:27 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice
> >
> >
> >
> > In Issue Material the PartTran.Update method is never displayed in the Trace Log after a transaction. Maybe it is that the parttran.update method is being called (something is being created in the PartTran table) but just not exposed to the BPM.
> >
> > Ross
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I just put a call into Epicor for a bug on this. I had compleetely taken the 4GL code and only had the informational message with no condition and still the PartTran.Update method message never showed.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the BREAK line
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of tmadhan04
> > > Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:39 AM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.
> > >
> > > DEFINE VARIABLE Total Like ttPartTran.TranQty.
> > > Total = 0.0.
> > >
> > > for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U') no-lock,
> > > each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> > > each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> > > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:
> > >
> > > Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty .
> > >
> > > IF LAST-OF(PartWhse.PartNum) THEN
> > > DO:
> > > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).
> > > Total = 0.
> > > END.
> > >
> > > End.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
> > > >
> > > > DEFINE VARIABLE Total Like ttPartTran.TranQty.
> > > > Total = 0.0.
> > > > for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U') no-lock,
> > > > each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> > > > each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> > > > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
> > > >
> > > > Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty .
> > > >
> > > > IF LAST-OF(PartWhse.PartNum) THEN
> > > > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > End.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ________________________________
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> > > > >
> > > > > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.

First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@...> wrote:
>
> I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
>
> First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
>
This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.

DEFINE VARIABLE Total Like ttPartTran.TranQty.
Total = 0.0.
for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U') no-lock,
each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.

Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty .

IF LAST-OF(PartWhse.PartNum) THEN
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).

End.

Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice

Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@...> wrote:
>
> I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
>
> First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Does anyone have an idea. I have now tried to put code into the Pre-Process and Post-Process on PartTran.Update. Neither one is getting triggered. I even put in messages just to see if it is getting hit. I get no message. Here are the follow code :

/****************************/
/*** Pre-Process *****/
DEFINE VARIABLE Total AS Decimal no-undo.
Total = 0.0.
for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U' OR ttPartTran.RowMod = 'A') no-lock.
for each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock.
for each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = PartPlant.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum) no-lock.
Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty.
End.
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',(Total - ttPartTran.TranQty)).
End.
End.

/*** Post-Process *****/
Total = 0.0.
for each PartTran no-lock.
for each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock.
for each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = PartPlant.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum) no-lock.
End.
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number02',Total).
End.
End.

A couple things that may or may not help.

TOTAL is a function or an expression for a function in progress. Try a different variable name perhaps vTotal?
Try vTotal = 0. Should not need the decimal when zeroing. I doubt if it matters but it might.

You can download the 4gl reference guides from progresses website.

Jim

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice

Does anyone have an idea. I have now tried to put code into the Pre-Process and Post-Process on PartTran.Update. Neither one is getting triggered. I even put in messages just to see if it is getting hit. I get no message. Here are the follow code :

/*** Pre-Process *****/
Total = 0.0.
for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U' OR ttPartTran.RowMod = 'A') no-lock.
End.
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',(Total - ttPartTran.TranQty)).
End.
End.

/*** Post-Process *****/
Total = 0.0.
End.
End.
End.

**Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."

Thanks Jim.

Has anyone ever tried to do a Method directive on PartTran.Update? I wonder if there is an issue. I have removed the $gl code and just have an informational message and still nothing.

Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:09 PM

A couple things that may or may not help.

TOTAL is a function or an expression for a function in progress. Try a different variable name perhaps vTotal?
Try vTotal = 0. Should not need the decimal when zeroing. I doubt if it matters but it might.

You can download the 4gl reference guides from progresses website.

Jim

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:51 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

/*** Pre-Process *****/
Total = 0.0.
End.
End.
End.

/*** Post-Process *****/
Total = 0.0.
End.
End.
End.

**Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."

Hi Dan,

Do you need to store the data in a field on PartPlant, or would be viewing the warehouse totals be good enough?

Not to redirect, but maybe you can just create a FKV to the partwhse table from the partplant screen and have an onhand qty summed grid displayed.

That would eliminate all the BPM overhead from parttran.update which is pretty busy.

Ross

>
> Thanks Jim.
>
> Has anyone ever tried to do a Method directive on PartTran.Update? I wonder if there is an issue. I have removed the $gl code and just have an informational message and still nothing.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Mediger
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:09 PM
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice
>
>
>
> A couple things that may or may not help.
>
> TOTAL is a function or an expression for a function in progress. Try a different variable name perhaps vTotal?
> Try vTotal = 0. Should not need the decimal when zeroing. I doubt if it matters but it might.
>
> You can download the 4gl reference guides from progresses website.
>
> Jim
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:51 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> Does anyone have an idea. I have now tried to put code into the Pre-Process and Post-Process on PartTran.Update. Neither one is getting triggered. I even put in messages just to see if it is getting hit. I get no message. Here are the follow code :
>
> /****************************/
> /*** Pre-Process *****/
> DEFINE VARIABLE Total AS Decimal no-undo.
> Total = 0.0.
> for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U' OR ttPartTran.RowMod = 'A') no-lock.
> for each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock.
> for each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = PartPlant.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum) no-lock.
> Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty.
> End.
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',(Total - ttPartTran.TranQty)).
> End.
> End.
>
> /*** Post-Process *****/
> Total = 0.0.
> for each PartTran no-lock.
> for each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock.
> for each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = PartPlant.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum) no-lock.
> End.
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number02',Total).
> End.
> End.
>
>
> **Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Hi Ross,
I do need to store the Total OnHandQty into the PartPlant. That is why I THINK it is best to do it through a BPM. Especially with the Qty issue. It is changed from multiple windows. I thought that attaching to the PartTran BO would be the best central location.

Dan

Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:45 PM

Hi Dan,

Do you need to store the data in a field on PartPlant, or would be viewing the warehouse totals be good enough?

Not to redirect, but maybe you can just create a FKV to the partwhse table from the partplant screen and have an onhand qty summed grid displayed.

That would eliminate all the BPM overhead from parttran.update which is pretty busy.

Ross

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jim.
>
> Has anyone ever tried to do a Method directive on PartTran.Update? I wonder if there is an issue. I have removed the $gl code and just have an informational message and still nothing.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Jim Mediger
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:09 PM
>
>
>
> A couple things that may or may not help.
>
> TOTAL is a function or an expression for a function in progress. Try a different variable name perhaps vTotal?
> Try vTotal = 0. Should not need the decimal when zeroing. I doubt if it matters but it might.
>
> You can download the 4gl reference guides from progresses website.
>
> Jim
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:51 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> Does anyone have an idea. I have now tried to put code into the Pre-Process and Post-Process on PartTran.Update. Neither one is getting triggered. I even put in messages just to see if it is getting hit. I get no message. Here are the follow code :
>
> /*** Pre-Process *****/
> Total = 0.0.
> for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U' OR ttPartTran.RowMod = 'A') no-lock.
> End.
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',(Total - ttPartTran.TranQty)).
> End.
> End.
>
> /*** Post-Process *****/
> Total = 0.0.
> for each PartTran no-lock.
> End.
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number02',Total).
> End.
> End.
>
>
> **Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I understand that. If you NEED to store the data, then it makes sense. I ask because if you are not leveraging that single valued onhand sum, you could get the data easily with a FKV and a grid. Hence, the question.

Anyway, where in the system (or from what module) are you trying to trigger the BPM in your testing? Maybe I can try a couple of things, too.

Ross

>
> Hi Ross,
> I do need to store the Total OnHandQty into the PartPlant. That is why I THINK it is best to do it through a BPM. Especially with the Qty issue. It is changed from multiple windows. I thought that attaching to the PartTran BO would be the best central location.
>
> Dan
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rossh777
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:45 PM
>
>
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Do you need to store the data in a field on PartPlant, or would be viewing the warehouse totals be good enough?
>
> Not to redirect, but maybe you can just create a FKV to the partwhse table from the partplant screen and have an onhand qty summed grid displayed.
>
> That would eliminate all the BPM overhead from parttran.update which is pretty busy.
>
> Ross
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jim.
> >
> > Has anyone ever tried to do a Method directive on PartTran.Update? I wonder if there is an issue. I have removed the $gl code and just have an informational message and still nothing.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Jim Mediger
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:09 PM
> > Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: 4GL code help and advice
> >
> >
> >
> > A couple things that may or may not help.
> >
> > TOTAL is a function or an expression for a function in progress. Try a different variable name perhaps vTotal?
> > Try vTotal = 0. Should not need the decimal when zeroing. I doubt if it matters but it might.
> >
> > You can download the 4gl reference guides from progresses website.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:51 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea. I have now tried to put code into the Pre-Process and Post-Process on PartTran.Update. Neither one is getting triggered. I even put in messages just to see if it is getting hit. I get no message. Here are the follow code :
> >
> > /****************************/
> > /*** Pre-Process *****/
> > DEFINE VARIABLE Total AS Decimal no-undo.
> > Total = 0.0.
> > for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U' OR ttPartTran.RowMod = 'A') no-lock.
> > for each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock.
> > for each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = PartPlant.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum) no-lock.
> > Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty.
> > End.
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',(Total - ttPartTran.TranQty)).
> > End.
> > End.
> >
> > /*** Post-Process *****/
> > Total = 0.0.
> > for each PartTran no-lock.
> > for each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock.
> > for each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = PartPlant.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum) no-lock.
> > End.
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number02',Total).
> > End.
> > End.
> >
> >
> > **Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
I am try to trigger through Labor Entry and Issue Material. I would also think that it would get triggered in the MES End Activity.

Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:03 PM

I understand that. If you NEED to store the data, then it makes sense. I ask because if you are not leveraging that single valued onhand sum, you could get the data easily with a FKV and a grid. Hence, the question.

Anyway, where in the system (or from what module) are you trying to trigger the BPM in your testing? Maybe I can try a couple of things, too.

Ross

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Ross,
> I do need to store the Total OnHandQty into the PartPlant. That is why I THINK it is best to do it through a BPM. Especially with the Qty issue. It is changed from multiple windows. I thought that attaching to the PartTran BO would be the best central location.
>
> Dan
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of rossh777
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:45 PM
>
>
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Do you need to store the data in a field on PartPlant, or would be viewing the warehouse totals be good enough?
>
> Not to redirect, but maybe you can just create a FKV to the partwhse table from the partplant screen and have an onhand qty summed grid displayed.
>
> That would eliminate all the BPM overhead from parttran.update which is pretty busy.
>
> Ross
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jim.
> >
> > Has anyone ever tried to do a Method directive on PartTran.Update? I wonder if there is an issue. I have removed the $gl code and just have an informational message and still nothing.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Jim Mediger
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:09 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> >
> >
> > A couple things that may or may not help.
> >
> > TOTAL is a function or an expression for a function in progress. Try a different variable name perhaps vTotal?
> > Try vTotal = 0. Should not need the decimal when zeroing. I doubt if it matters but it might.
> >
> > You can download the 4gl reference guides from progresses website.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:51 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea. I have now tried to put code into the Pre-Process and Post-Process on PartTran.Update. Neither one is getting triggered. I even put in messages just to see if it is getting hit. I get no message. Here are the follow code :
> >
> > /*** Pre-Process *****/
> > Total = 0.0.
> > for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U' OR ttPartTran.RowMod = 'A') no-lock.
> > End.
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',(Total - ttPartTran.TranQty)).
> > End.
> > End.
> >
> > /*** Post-Process *****/
> > Total = 0.0.
> > for each PartTran no-lock.
> > End.
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number02',Total).
> > End.
> > End.
> >
> >
> > **Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>

you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.

Total = 0.0.

each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:

DO:
Total = 0.
END.

End.

>
> This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
>
> DEFINE VARIABLE Total Like ttPartTran.TranQty.
> Total = 0.0.
> for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U') no-lock,
> each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
>
> Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty .
>
> IF LAST-OF(PartWhse.PartNum) THEN
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).
>
>
> End.
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
>
>
>
> Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> >
> > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> >
> > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
I just put a call into Epicor for a bug on this. I had compleetely taken the 4GL code and only had the informational message with no condition and still the PartTran.Update method message never showed.

Thanks for the BREAK line

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:39 AM

you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.

Total = 0.0.

each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:

DO:
Total = 0.
END.

End.

>
> This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
>
> Total = 0.0.
> each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
>
>
>
>
> End.
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
>
>
>
> Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> >
> > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> >
> > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>

In Issue Material the PartTran.Update method is never displayed in the Trace Log after a transaction. Maybe it is that the parttran.update method is being called (something is being created in the PartTran table) but just not exposed to the BPM.

Ross

>
> I just put a call into Epicor for a bug on this. I had compleetely taken the 4GL code and only had the informational message with no condition and still the PartTran.Update method message never showed.
>
> Thanks for the BREAK line
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tmadhan04
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:39 AM
>
>
>
> you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.
>
> Total = 0.0.
>
> each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:
>
>
> DO:
> Total = 0.
> END.
>
> End.
>
> >
> > This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
> >
> > DEFINE VARIABLE Total Like ttPartTran.TranQty.
> > Total = 0.0.
> > for each ttPartTran where(ttPartTran.RowMod = 'U') no-lock,
> > each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> > each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
> >
> > Total = Total + PartWhse.OnHandQty .
> >
> > IF LAST-OF(PartWhse.PartNum) THEN
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).
> >
> >
> > End.
> >
> >
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
> >
> >
> >
> > Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> > >
> > > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
EXACTLY!! They are not following their own BO rules. Why allow the PartTran.Update be available if you can not trigger on it?

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:27 AM

In Issue Material the PartTran.Update method is never displayed in the Trace Log after a transaction. Maybe it is that the parttran.update method is being called (something is being created in the PartTran table) but just not exposed to the BPM.

Ross

>
> I just put a call into Epicor for a bug on this. I had compleetely taken the 4GL code and only had the informational message with no condition and still the PartTran.Update method message never showed.
>
> Thanks for the BREAK line
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of tmadhan04
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:39 AM
>
>
>
> you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.
>
> Total = 0.0.
>
> each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:
>
>
> DO:
> Total = 0.
> END.
>
> End.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> >
> > This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
> >
> > Total = 0.0.
> > each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> > each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
> >
> >
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).
> >
> >
> > End.
> >
> >
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
> >
> >
> >
> > Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> > >
> > > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>

I am having a similar issue with creating a BPM in receipt entry.
I was hoping once the parttran.update method was called I could populate quantities in a UD table. But I never see it in the logs and I tried putting a Warn with no condition and never see that either.

>
> EXACTLY!! They are not following their own BO rules. Why allow the PartTran.Update be available if you can not trigger on it?
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rossh777
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:27 AM
>
>
>
> In Issue Material the PartTran.Update method is never displayed in the Trace Log after a transaction. Maybe it is that the parttran.update method is being called (something is being created in the PartTran table) but just not exposed to the BPM.
>
> Ross
>
> >
> > I just put a call into Epicor for a bug on this. I had compleetely taken the 4GL code and only had the informational message with no condition and still the PartTran.Update method message never showed.
> >
> > Thanks for the BREAK line
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of tmadhan04
> > Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:39 AM
> >
> >
> >
> > you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.
> >
> > Total = 0.0.
> >
> > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:
> >
> >
> > DO:
> > Total = 0.
> > END.
> >
> > End.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
> > >
> > > Total = 0.0.
> > > each Part where(Part.Company = ttPartTran.Company AND Part.PartNum = ttPartTran.PartNum) no-lock,
> > > each PartPlant where(PartPlant.Company = Part.Company AND PartPlant.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock,
> > > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
> > >
> > >
> > > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER PartPlant:HANDLE, 'Number01',Total).
> > >
> > >
> > > End.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> > > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> > > >
> > > > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
Has anyone ever attempted to save the TOTAL QtyOnHand, for the entire plant, to a table? If so, were you successful?

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:23 AM

I am having a similar issue with creating a BPM in receipt entry.
I was hoping once the parttran.update method was called I could populate quantities in a UD table. But I never see it in the logs and I tried putting a Warn with no condition and never see that either.

>
> EXACTLY!! They are not following their own BO rules. Why allow the PartTran.Update be available if you can not trigger on it?
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of rossh777
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:27 AM
>
>
>
> In Issue Material the PartTran.Update method is never displayed in the Trace Log after a transaction. Maybe it is that the parttran.update method is being called (something is being created in the PartTran table) but just not exposed to the BPM.
>
> Ross
>
> >
> > I just put a call into Epicor for a bug on this. I had compleetely taken the 4GL code and only had the informational message with no condition and still the PartTran.Update method message never showed.
> >
> > Thanks for the BREAK line
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of tmadhan04
> > Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:39 AM
> >
> >
> >
> > you need to include break by partwhse.partnum on for each statement, try this one.
> >
> > Total = 0.0.
> >
> > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock break by PartWhse.PartNum:
> >
> >
> > DO:
> > Total = 0.
> > END.
> >
> > End.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan Godfrey <dgodfrey@> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is what I am TRYING to do. I hope someone can understand the main concept and help me out.
> > >
> > > Total = 0.0.
> > > each PartWhse where(PartWhse.Company = Part.Company AND PartWhse.PartNum = Part.PartNum) no-lock.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > End.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
> > > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Please help! I can't figure out how to get from PartTran to looping through the PartWhse table. I am not good with 4GL code.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "dgodfrey_amc" <dgodfrey_amc@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I am wanting to save the TOTAL_ON_HAND_QTY of a part to the PartPlant table. My thought is to do it on a Post-Processing Method Directive for PartTran.Update where I total all the PartBin.OnHandQty field and place it in PartPlant.Number01.
> > > >
> > > > First is this the best place/way to do it and second how would the 4GL code look like?
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >