6.1 Client Setup - Wont Use Saved Settings

I've been going around to every PC in the place setting up the clients for 6.10. I have saved the settings and in the mfgsys.ini file in mfgsys61 on the server all the workstations setting are OK. But at each new client it does not have any of the saved settings and I have to re-enter everything including the server name and the IP. What's the point of saving the settings if they can't be used for the next install?

Anyone know if there was something else I needed to set when starting the client install to make it use the saved settings?

Between writing the above and finishing the clients I have discovered the following that might be useful to others for going from 6.0 to 6.1. Probably old news to many but it was new to me.

With mfgsys.ini set all I had to do for each client was rename mfgwk60 to mfgwk61 then change the properties for their screen icon(s) to change the 60 to 61 on two lines - also changed the icon name. Bingo! Client ready to go. Much faster than running the client install routine and sort of obsoletes my question above but I'm still curious why that does not work.

Thanks,
-Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]