We've encountered the same issue in trying to upgrade to .601
Support put the blame on the Windows Server installation.
Rebuilt the virtual server from scratch to the 905.600 release.
After I make several snapshots, I will attempt the upgrade again...
Chris Wineinger - IT Manager
Triad Group, Inc.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Anyone who is out there, and wants to install 601A on a 64-bit server
running the 64-bit version of OpenEdge. Not sure if it is the same with the
32-bit version for standard OpenEdge.
There is a set of registry edits that need to be done in order for the 601A
patch to be applied, you will especially need it if you get the error about
releaseclient.zip not existing when you try to install one.
Also, as a heads up about the new style service packs, they act a lot
differently in case no one noticed.
3 main things I have noticed
1- It actually check what is currently installed to see if you are at
the correct levels or most recent levels for windows, OpenEdge, crystal
reports, Epicor etc.
2- The service packs and patches used to just unzip and overwrite
files, the new service packs and patches actually delete files in one step,
before replacing them in another step later in the process.
3- They take a hell of a lot longer to apply, excluding conversions,
most patches used to unzip and get applied for me in about 15-20 minutes, a
single patch or service pack now seems to take over an hour to install, then
conversions on top of that.
I discovered #2 when applying 601A and got the releaseclient zip error, not
only was the releaseclient.zip gone, but so was the epicor9client.msi and
epicorutilities.exe, but also in the client folder mfgsys.exe,
autoupdate.exe, sessionamanagerserver.exe and every single other .exe from
the client folder as well.