64bit admin tools and dump and load vs 32bit

I don’t believe the correct licenses are part of the 64-bit installation. I have not actually been able to get the D&L process done on a 64-bit, I try every time with every new environment, but never been able to get it to work.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of carsonepicor@...
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:27 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] 64bit admin tools and dump and load vs 32bit

I'm running 9.05.700B2 Progress 64 bit and am planning on doing a dump and load this weekend.  Going through the instructions I noticed the requirement to run it on a 32bit admin workstation.  Since going to 700B2 I haven't used a 32bit admin workstation for anything.  I run the admin tools from the main app server, and last year I did a dump and load with no problem.  What's the reason for the 32bit requirement?  Do other people just run it on 64bit?

Thanks

Carson

I'm running 9.05.700B2 Progress 64 bit and am planning on doing a dump and load this weekend.  Going through the instructions I noticed the requirement to run it on a 32bit admin workstation.  Since going to 700B2 I haven't used a 32bit admin workstation for anything.  I run the admin tools from the main app server, and last year I did a dump and load with no problem.  What's the reason for the 32bit requirement?  Do other people just run it on 64bit?

Thanks

Carson