8.03.404B EDI Blank Title 107444

We are on 8.03.409C SQL.

You can use a VAN or FTP, there is a cost for a VAN - usually a monthly flat charge for so many KCs (kilocharacter I think) and then a rate per KC over also. Your VAN does not have to be through Epicor. A VAN is just a paid service to deliver and send the raw EDI. Most VANs have a website for you to check on EDI if needed (if your software send/receive has issues) and also some software to setup to send/receive your EDI.

For Vantage, that is just one piece of the puzzle. Tie Commerce is the VAN they are partnered with, using Lexicom software to send/receive. Tie Commerce has another software package - spEDI - which is mapping software (translates from raw to format you need for Vantage or any other programs). The mapping software takes some learning, but Epicor does have some maps already done...Of course, you can also use other mapping software - you just need to get it to the format required by Service Connect, another piece. Epicor provides a Service Connect workflow for EDI if you purchase Demand Management. Then, you need to setup Demand Management - either to allow things to go straight through to Sales Orders or to hold if certain criteria are met.

So, there are four/five pieces for inbound - Lexicom to send/receive, spEDI map to translate to Service Connect, Service Connect to translate to Demand Management, Demand Management to process through to Sales Orders.

And, there are three/four pieces for outbound - ASN report style for EDI, BAM for autoprint, spEDI map to translate from output file to raw EDI, Lexicom to send.

We have found that the Demand Management piece did not work as we needed in Vantage, so we wrote our own Service Connect workflow.

Contact me directly if you would like more information.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of robertlouissylvester
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:44 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.404B EDI

I'm completely new to EDI and I'm trying to find someone using it in this version as we won't be going to 9 for some time.

Can anyone tell me the pros or cons of using the Value added Network (VAN) vs. FTP? It also says there is an additional cost, which would most likely come from Epicor. Is this a big cost? My account rep seems too busy to get back to me today.

Any general words of wisdom?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I'm completely new to EDI and I'm trying to find someone using it in this version as we won't be going to 9 for some time.

Can anyone tell me the pros or cons of using the Value added Network (VAN) vs. FTP? It also says there is an additional cost, which would most likely come from Epicor. Is this a big cost? My account rep seems too busy to get back to me today.

Any general words of wisdom?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.