803 - JobAssy Ultragrid in JobEntry Customization help?

We dont seem to use jobs with subassemblies so I cant look at what the datasets contain and how the data is structured....

Try opening the JobEntry BO in the BLTester and do a GetByID with a job number you know has nested subassemblies. Take a look at the data returned in the datasets and see if what you want is there. Then you can work on displaying the data in your UI customization

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "RikKirby" <rik@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> This is driving me mad and I'm sure there's a simple solution, perhaps one of you can put me out of my misery.
>
> In the JobEntry screen I've added a new tab "Subassemblies" and on this tab I've added an UltraGrid showing me the JobAssy table. All good so far!
>
> What I really want is for this grid to show me ALL SubAssemblies in the Job regardless of indent level. What it actually does is show me the SubAssy's at the current level selected in the tree. If I go down the tree a level it shows me the next levels SubAssy's etc... but I can't see them ALL at once.
>
> Now I believe the JobAssy table contains the data I'm after, and it is clearly being filtered\joined somehow as it's only showing me the current job and the current level. How on earth do I "remove" the indent level filters\joins?
>
> Epicor tech support agree that it should be possible, but don't know how to do it.
>
> Thanks for any ideas?
>
Hi all,
This is driving me mad and I'm sure there's a simple solution, perhaps one of you can put me out of my misery.

In the JobEntry screen I've added a new tab "Subassemblies" and on this tab I've added an UltraGrid showing me the JobAssy table. All good so far!

What I really want is for this grid to show me ALL SubAssemblies in the Job regardless of indent level. What it actually does is show me the SubAssy's at the current level selected in the tree. If I go down the tree a level it shows me the next levels SubAssy's etc... but I can't see them ALL at once.

Now I believe the JobAssy table contains the data I'm after, and it is clearly being filtered\joined somehow as it's only showing me the current job and the current level. How on earth do I "remove" the indent level filters\joins?

Epicor tech support agree that it should be possible, but don't know how to do it.

Thanks for any ideas?
Rik -

You could try code behind your form to do a recursive query to
continually load all the Assembly's sub-assemblies into one data set.

Then set have your UltraGrid use that data set as its data source.

HTH,

Calvin Dekker

Email: calvin@... <mailto:calvin@...>

http://www.codabears.com <http://www.codabears.com>

<http://www.codabears.com/>

*New software/hardware Support & Maintenance Programs

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of RikKirby
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 6:01 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] 803 - JobAssy Ultragrid in JobEntry Customization
help?