Access Denied For Group

Hi Bart,

What about using a BPM? Maybe a post-processing directive created against the Part.GetByID BO.

Conditions would be:
* the user called the method belongs to GROUP1 group,
* and number of rows in the 'query' is equal to 1

The query would be something like: for each ttPart where ClassID='SET'

The action would be to raise an exception.

I suspect the parts would still list in a search but the data would not pull into Part Maintenance.

However, I also suspect that this BPM may attach itself to other screens where the user pulls in a part. That may not be what you're looking for.

Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Bartosz Niemczewski <bartoszniemczewski@...> wrote:
>
> I have a question, We've created security group e.g. "GROUP1" and attached 10 users to this group. Now we are looking how to deny access for this group to look for parts which part class is set for e.g. "part class - denied" in part maint. .
>
> Thank you.
>
> bart.
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I have a question, We've created security group e.g. "GROUP1" and attached 10 users to this group. Now we are looking how to deny access for this group to look for parts which part class is set for e.g. "part class - denied" in part maint. .

Thank you.

bart.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have a ticket in with Epicor for that. I had multiple groups set up and some users were in all of them. When I denied access to one of the groups the users that are in it were still allowed access. I had to deny them individually

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Bartosz Niemczewski
Sent: Fri 5/15/2009 5:25 PM
To: Vantage Group
Subject: [Vantage] Access Denied For Group

I have a question, We've created security group e.g. "GROUP1" and attached 10 users to this group. Now we are looking how to deny access for this group to look for parts which part class is set for e.g. "part class - denied" in part maint. .

Thank you.

bart.

What about creating a Quick Search that would not include these parts.
For the forms that they have access to, you could customize the forms to use the quick search.

Bruce
bruce@...

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Bartosz Niemczewski <bartoszniemczewski@...> wrote:
>
> I have a question, We've created security group e.g. "GROUP1" and attached 10 users to this group. Now we are looking how to deny access for this group to look for parts which part class is set for e.g. "part class - denied" in part maint. .
>
> Thank you.
>
> bart.
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>