Access (link) System tables in an External BAQ

Am I missing something here? I cant seem to figure out how to bring in system tables in an External BAQ. I am trying to link system tables to an external table.

You canā€™t :slight_smile:

Work around is to add Views into the System Tables to your external DB

1 Like

That being the case - how do I access E10 system tables from my other db? I have limited rights to the system hosting E10 and wouldnt even know where to begin where to locate the tables etc. I assume the actual DB is going to be locked away in some folder on the host PC I dont have access to. For a normal company, I am sure this wouldnā€™t be a problem, for my company, if I cant find a backdoor I may as well give up.

Or is there some code trickery I can use from within a customization or bpm to ā€˜driveā€™ my external BAQ with a parameter?

1 Like

Hmm yeah there may be a trick or twoā€¦ The other thing you can do is have a dashboard where you have your external data but itā€™s ā€œdrivenā€ by an internal query and then filtered via publish and subscribe

When you say ā€œE10 system tablesā€ what are you referring to ? or which specific
info. are you looking for?

We use a system called Mattec (purchased by Epicor - supposedly, there is a system interface for this). Mattec has vital info like machine/mold cycles, cycle times, etc. We simply want to use the Erp.Part table to link ACTIVE parts of type M (Manufactured) to the relevant data of their molds (iā€¦e the cycle times). Our current solution is to dump the parts out of a BAQ into excel and do some VLOOKUPs, which works, but is clunky.

Joseā€¦ dont tease me! I know very little about publish/subscribe, actually, all Iā€™ve seen it used for is linking to a google search. I have created a dashboard based on BAQ but not an external one - I figure itā€™s all the same. Any tips on implementing an internal query on the BAQ/Dash. Itā€™s a premature question since I havenā€™t even glanced at it yet in the system - but I figured I preempt my failure :slight_smile:

BTW Jose, I thought recognized your name - Iā€™ve watched several of your videos in the past 3 months. I always had to check my volume to figure out where the dialog was :smile: Still very useful videos!

Yeah most of those videos were a response to a question here ( yahoo)
So no audio

Iā€™ll have to reply in the morning. Too hard to explain on the phone

1 Like

@josecgomez.trigemco Friendly reminder, you were going to give me a few details or example of manipulating a tracker to filter an external BAQ using internal query :blush:

Yes! sorry been slammed Iā€™ll try to get you something.

No worries brother, I completely understand. At your convenience!