Adding a column to a Kinetic grid

How do you add a new column to a grid in Kinetic, that’s not in the original data set?

Epicor’s tech refs and UI customization guides only seem to cover the classic UX.

Reference: @josecgomez’s tutorial for winforms: Add Column To Grid In Epicor, Specifically to Chart Tracker - YouTube

I would imagine you can easily replace the grid with a BAQ like we did before. I haven’t tried but I know you can have BAQ Grids.
Just replace the grid and re-wire the events.
There may be some new sleek magic though I haven’t played with Kinetic long enough yet

@hmwillett your Expert Advice is requested oh benevolent Kinetic Zar :stuck_out_tongue:

This would definitely be the easiest route.
I’ll play around with it later today and see if I can add it to the original view.

1 Like

Getting closer @askulte!
Just need to figure out why the dataview-condition isn’t producing the results I’m expecting. Once I get that sorted, I think I’ll have it nailed down.

I did the BAQ version just to see and it only took a few minutes, though I didn’t spend time rooting through the events to make sure it calls the new BAQ View. That sounded too tedious. :smiley:

1 Like

@hmwillett - Sweet! Looking forward to seeing how you figured it out.

Not the most efficient example, but it’s a start: How To: Adding Columns to Existing Kinetic Grid