Adding additional buttons on MES Screen

Good afternoon all,

We have been able (with the groups help) to add reports etc. to the user defined buttons on the shipping/receiving MES screen.Â

However, we are now running out of real estate, and were wondering if it's possible to add additional buttons without too much effort.

If anyone has any experience with this, any information would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kerry Travis,
Controller
International Name Plate Supplies Ltd.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Vantage 8.03.407C - Progress database.

We have two users who occasionally have Vantage lock up when they leave their pc unattended long enough to require a network login. They have to use task manager to force Vantage to end and then restart.

It is intermittent and happens to just two people. I don't know how to debug this one?

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Randy Weber
Check the Power Management on their network cards and make sure the computer is not allowed to turn off the card to save power.

Sent: Tue, April 13, 2010 9:53:34 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage 8.03.407C locks up for some users

Â

We have two users who occasionally have Vantage lock up when they leave their pc unattended long enough to require a network login. They have to use task manager to force Vantage to end and then restart.

It is intermittent and happens to just two people. I don't know how to debug this one?

Thanks in advance.

Randy Weber

Hi Randy,

We are on 8.03.407 and several people here have the same problem, but I don’t know what the solution is. We are running quite close to our limit of the number of people that can be logged in at the same time and I was thinking that maybe it was related to that.

Regards,

Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of randyweb
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:54 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage 8.03.407C locks up for some users

Thanks in advance.

Randy Weber

Hi All,

When we installed 407c last year, we failed to throughly test with MES - and Labor Entry and MES were totally messed up, with locking up, duplicate entries, etc.

We received a EmpBasic.r fix from Epicor, and that seemed to fix our problems. We haven't had anything similar to what you're seeing since the initial installation of 407c.

If you haven't installed the EmpBasic.r fix, you might check it out.
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Lowney" <llowney@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Randy,
>
>
>
> We are on 8.03.407 and several people here have the same problem, but I don’t know what the solution is. We are running quite close to our limit of the number of people that can be logged in at the same time and I was thinking that maybe it was related to that.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Linda
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of randyweb
> Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:54 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Vantage 8.03.407C locks up for some users
>
>
>
>
>
> Vantage 8.03.407C - Progress database.
>
> We have two users who occasionally have Vantage lock up when they leave their pc unattended long enough to require a network login. They have to use task manager to force Vantage to end and then restart.
>
> It is intermittent and happens to just two people. I don't know how to debug this one?
>
> Has anybody else had this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Randy Weber
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]