Adding burden between warehouses

No painless way I know of (as you are trying to do on Whse to Whse transfers within same Plant - otherwise you could perhaps just apply a material burden % in one plant versus the other).

I can only think of using a job (complicating process) as a vehicle to apply burden as you decribe.

* Create a job for part you want burden added to and set it up for receipt to the overflow warehouse.
* Add a single OP - something like 'OverFlow Whse Transfer' and monkey with the associated new resource's burden to apply the cost via the OP.
* Add the material you are transfering as the material required under the job 'producing itself' - and issue it from you primary whse.
* I'm not in Vantage so check to see if their is a way to burden material in the job details by your desired % - as if supported, this is cleaner than doing it through your new OP.
* IMMEDIATELY issue material to the job (so you don't create a circular supply/demand loop that might flip out MRP!) - and when you receive (to overflow whse), cost should carry the additional burden.
None of this matters much unless you are doing actual cost on the part.
Â
Rob

Sent: Sat, October 24, 2009 7:52:43 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Adding burden between warehouses

Â
Anyone have any ideas on how to add material burden when shipping product from one warehouse to another warehouse?

We have an off site warehouse we only use for storage of excess materials. When we ship product to and from that warehouse we would like to capture the shipping costs in the material burden. Any ideas?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Anyone have any ideas on how to add material burden when shipping product from one warehouse to another warehouse?

We have an off site warehouse we only use for storage of excess materials. When we ship product to and from that warehouse we would like to capture the shipping costs in the material burden. Any ideas?