Adding combo box to Sales Order Entry to select from CustGrupPri

Found it. Thanks Chris.

Reggie

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it. Thank you.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Christopher R
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:37 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Adding combo box to Sales Order Entry to select from CustGrupPriceList table.

Reggie,

Its a Utility out on your Vantage share. Look for the Utilies folder or email me direct and I'll send it too you.

Thanks
Chris

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bjcracosta" <racosta@...> wrote:
>
> Hey Chris,
>
> Fancy running into you here. :)
>
> I looked up the tablenames property of the two adapters you suggested and neither of them include table CustGrupPriceList. Previously, I checked the tablenames property of CustGrup and table CustGrupPriceList wasn't there either. I haven't had any luck tracking down an adapter or BO that has it. It doesn't look good. Maybe there isn't one?
>
> Anyway, in the meanwhile, I tried populating the datasource for my combo box (not ultracombo) with an SQLreader. While I'm able to get the records I expect, the combo box itself isn't working right. Maybe I'm not setting up the datatable structure or field names the right way. But for now, I've got other things to do and maybe I'll get an idea later.
>
> Beverly Sims, Epicor tech support, mentioned the BL Testing Tool and showed it to me via webex once. Do you know if I have that available to me? Might need a developer's license of some kind.
>
> Well, nice hearing from you again. Take it easy.
>
> Reggie
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "rockquote" <cryhal@> wrote:
> >
> > Reggie,
> >
> > Good to hear from you. I am assuming you are refering to the PriceListAdapter and/or the PriceLstGroupsAdapter? Either way you could essentially use the Epicor.Mfg.BO.PriceLst business object I would think and do something like so:
> >
> > Dim recSelected as boolean
> > Dim whereClause as string = "" 'want all records so this is blank
> > Dim dsPriceList as Dataset = Epicor.Mfg.UI.Formfunctions.SearchFunctions.listlookup(oTrans, "PriceLstAdapter ", recSelected, False, whereClause)
> > If (recSelected) then
> > ucbGroupCodes.Datasource = dsPriceList
> > ucbGroupCodes.DisplayMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
> > ucbGroupCodes.ValueMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
> > end if
> >
> > Let us know and good to hear from you again!!
> >
> > Also, have you worked with the BL Testing Tool?
> >
> > Chris Ryhal
> > cryhal@
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bjcracosta" <racosta@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if there's a BO or adapter through which I can access the CustGrupPriceList table? So far, I haven't been able to locate one. I could use some confirmation whether there is or isn't a BO or adapter that I can use to get to this table.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Reggie Acosta
> > >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Does anyone know if there's a BO or adapter through which I can access the CustGrupPriceList table? So far, I haven't been able to locate one. I could use some confirmation whether there is or isn't a BO or adapter that I can use to get to this table.

Thanks,
Reggie Acosta
Reggie,

Good to hear from you. I am assuming you are refering to the PriceListAdapter and/or the PriceLstGroupsAdapter? Either way you could essentially use the Epicor.Mfg.BO.PriceLst business object I would think and do something like so:

Dim recSelected as boolean
Dim whereClause as string = "" 'want all records so this is blank
Dim dsPriceList as Dataset = Epicor.Mfg.UI.Formfunctions.SearchFunctions.listlookup(oTrans, "PriceLstAdapter ", recSelected, False, whereClause)
If (recSelected) then
ucbGroupCodes.Datasource = dsPriceList
ucbGroupCodes.DisplayMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
ucbGroupCodes.ValueMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
end if

Let us know and good to hear from you again!!

Also, have you worked with the BL Testing Tool?

Chris Ryhal
cryhal@...

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bjcracosta" <racosta@...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know if there's a BO or adapter through which I can access the CustGrupPriceList table? So far, I haven't been able to locate one. I could use some confirmation whether there is or isn't a BO or adapter that I can use to get to this table.
>
> Thanks,
> Reggie Acosta
>
Hey Chris,

Fancy running into you here. :)

I looked up the tablenames property of the two adapters you suggested and neither of them include table CustGrupPriceList. Previously, I checked the tablenames property of CustGrup and table CustGrupPriceList wasn't there either. I haven't had any luck tracking down an adapter or BO that has it. It doesn't look good. Maybe there isn't one?

Anyway, in the meanwhile, I tried populating the datasource for my combo box (not ultracombo) with an SQLreader. While I'm able to get the records I expect, the combo box itself isn't working right. Maybe I'm not setting up the datatable structure or field names the right way. But for now, I've got other things to do and maybe I'll get an idea later.

Beverly Sims, Epicor tech support, mentioned the BL Testing Tool and showed it to me via webex once. Do you know if I have that available to me? Might need a developer's license of some kind.

Well, nice hearing from you again. Take it easy.

Reggie

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "rockquote" <cryhal@...> wrote:
>
> Reggie,
>
> Good to hear from you. I am assuming you are refering to the PriceListAdapter and/or the PriceLstGroupsAdapter? Either way you could essentially use the Epicor.Mfg.BO.PriceLst business object I would think and do something like so:
>
> Dim recSelected as boolean
> Dim whereClause as string = "" 'want all records so this is blank
> Dim dsPriceList as Dataset = Epicor.Mfg.UI.Formfunctions.SearchFunctions.listlookup(oTrans, "PriceLstAdapter ", recSelected, False, whereClause)
> If (recSelected) then
> ucbGroupCodes.Datasource = dsPriceList
> ucbGroupCodes.DisplayMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
> ucbGroupCodes.ValueMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
> end if
>
> Let us know and good to hear from you again!!
>
> Also, have you worked with the BL Testing Tool?
>
> Chris Ryhal
> cryhal@...
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bjcracosta" <racosta@> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if there's a BO or adapter through which I can access the CustGrupPriceList table? So far, I haven't been able to locate one. I could use some confirmation whether there is or isn't a BO or adapter that I can use to get to this table.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Reggie Acosta
> >
>
Reggie,

Its a Utility out on your Vantage share. Look for the Utilies folder or email me direct and I'll send it too you.

Thanks
Chris

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bjcracosta" <racosta@...> wrote:
>
> Hey Chris,
>
> Fancy running into you here. :)
>
> I looked up the tablenames property of the two adapters you suggested and neither of them include table CustGrupPriceList. Previously, I checked the tablenames property of CustGrup and table CustGrupPriceList wasn't there either. I haven't had any luck tracking down an adapter or BO that has it. It doesn't look good. Maybe there isn't one?
>
> Anyway, in the meanwhile, I tried populating the datasource for my combo box (not ultracombo) with an SQLreader. While I'm able to get the records I expect, the combo box itself isn't working right. Maybe I'm not setting up the datatable structure or field names the right way. But for now, I've got other things to do and maybe I'll get an idea later.
>
> Beverly Sims, Epicor tech support, mentioned the BL Testing Tool and showed it to me via webex once. Do you know if I have that available to me? Might need a developer's license of some kind.
>
> Well, nice hearing from you again. Take it easy.
>
> Reggie
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "rockquote" <cryhal@> wrote:
> >
> > Reggie,
> >
> > Good to hear from you. I am assuming you are refering to the PriceListAdapter and/or the PriceLstGroupsAdapter? Either way you could essentially use the Epicor.Mfg.BO.PriceLst business object I would think and do something like so:
> >
> > Dim recSelected as boolean
> > Dim whereClause as string = "" 'want all records so this is blank
> > Dim dsPriceList as Dataset = Epicor.Mfg.UI.Formfunctions.SearchFunctions.listlookup(oTrans, "PriceLstAdapter ", recSelected, False, whereClause)
> > If (recSelected) then
> > ucbGroupCodes.Datasource = dsPriceList
> > ucbGroupCodes.DisplayMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
> > ucbGroupCodes.ValueMember = "<WHATEVER YOU WANT>"
> > end if
> >
> > Let us know and good to hear from you again!!
> >
> > Also, have you worked with the BL Testing Tool?
> >
> > Chris Ryhal
> > cryhal@
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bjcracosta" <racosta@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if there's a BO or adapter through which I can access the CustGrupPriceList table? So far, I haven't been able to locate one. I could use some confirmation whether there is or isn't a BO or adapter that I can use to get to this table.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Reggie Acosta
> > >
> >
>