Adding Static information to Serial Mask

How do we add static information such as “-216-” to the middle of the generation mask?
How can we get something like MMYY-216-### to work as a serial mask?

Currently, for each job we are manually setting up serial numbers so that we get Month Year, static info, and then SN. We are doing this using Base Number Structure: Numeric Only, with date and static info added as Prefix, for example: 0520-216-. This allows us to set the Number of digits to 3, which are created for the job in Serial Number Assignment.

Hi Chris,

Have you tried testing using the info from the help file?

Nancy

Yes.
The Mask field will not allow any static info. I have tried the “&” character for the static info, and the error is requiring an alphanumeric for the “-” positions. I have tried the “@” character for the static info, and the error is requiring an alpha for all of those positions. I have tried the “#” character for the static info, and the error is requiring a numeric for the “-” positions.

Also, I did modify a test case Part Number to have -216- as leading characters, and with that modification I was able to use to generate the middle static information. Meaning ### worked to generate 0520-216-123. But I can’t modify our actual production part numbers, due to the negative impacts.

Thank you for responding to my question.