Advanced Linking in Report Builder

Filter for JobAsmbl level = 0. Then from the JobAsmbl table add the TLA (Top level Actual) costs to the corresponding LLA (Lower Level Actual) costs. These are all automatically rolled up for the job and available on assembly level zero. Estimated costs (TLE and LLE) are there too. If I am not misreading the question this should get you what you are looking for.
-Todd C.

Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:56 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Advanced Linking in Report Builder

Hi:
I am using Vantage Version 6.1 and Progress Report Builder Ver. 9.1D. I am trying to summarize Job costs much like the last few lines in the canned Production Detail Report. i.e. Estimated and Actual Labor, Burden and Subcontract costs and Total Job costs. I suspect the problem I am having concerns the linking of the tables. What is happening is some values are inflated by a factor from another table. For example, from the JobOper table there is an operation with a Production standard of 1 hour for the entire job. The job happens to have 3 material lines from JobMatl, so the labor estimate is multiplied by 3 and shows 3 hours. My links run from JobHed to JobAsmbl; JobAsmbl to JobMatl and JobAsmbl to JobOper. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this and/or know a way around it? Or does anyone already have a report either in RB or Crystal that does what I am trying to create?
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stan

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi:
I am using Vantage Version 6.1 and Progress Report Builder Ver. 9.1D. I am trying to summarize Job costs much like the last few lines in the canned Production Detail Report. i.e. Estimated and Actual Labor, Burden and Subcontract costs and Total Job costs. I suspect the problem I am having concerns the linking of the tables. What is happening is some values are inflated by a factor from another table. For example, from the JobOper table there is an operation with a Production standard of 1 hour for the entire job. The job happens to have 3 material lines from JobMatl, so the labor estimate is multiplied by 3 and shows 3 hours. My links run from JobHed to JobAsmbl; JobAsmbl to JobMatl and JobAsmbl to JobOper. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this and/or know a way around it? Or does anyone already have a report either in RB or Crystal that does what I am trying to create?
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stan