After DMT - Production Detail Report Duplicates

Good afternoon,
I am testing the DMT for updating Job Operations for open jobs. These jobs may have one or more operations with labor or material transactions. In this case, I ignore those operations. I update the operations for any op without transactions.

The op update involves deleting the operations with DMT, then adding the operations back in with DMT. Old operations only referenced an infinite resource group. The new operations have a unique op for each resource group. The ops reference capabilities instead of resource groups.

After running several tests and getting to an import that I think will work, I found that the Production Detail Report is now showing what appear to be duplicate records for each operation. Here is a small excerpt.

Here you can see operation 20. It has the capability C4A, and L4A. There should only be one machine resource and one labor resource. All of my ops seem to show double the resources. However, I can see in the Job Entry that the resources are assigned correctly. They only appear to be duplicated in this report.

Did I mess something up in the DMT import, or is this somehow expected behavior?
Thanks for your time!
Nate

You also have to update the JobOpDtl table.

I am updating the JobOpDtl Table as well with these columns:
JobOpDtl#OpDtlSeq
JobOpDtl#EstSetHoursPerMch
Do I need to update additional fields to get those duplicates in the production detail report to go away?

Yes, I forget the order in which it needs to be done, but you basically have to delete both tables and then add back. Let me look to see if I can find where I did it.

Sorry, I couldn’t find anything. Go into your test environment and play around with deleting/changing operations and operation details. I remember having to do that to figure out the correct sequence of updating the records.

The JobOpDtl table looks correct. There are no duplicates in the table. From the example above, I only have 2 records in the JobOpDtl table for this job, for op 20. The two records are, one machine capability C4A, and one labor capability L4A. I just cant figure out why the report is showing it more than once.

I also checked the resourcetimeused table, and it shows 4 records for the op 20. It shows the 2 records I expect with both WhatIf and non-WhatIf records.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here. I just ran the report for an older job that I hadn’t updated yet, and I am still seeing duplicates. Maybe they have been dealing with duplicates in the report all along, and never told me about it! Now I’ll have to dig into the SSRS to see what’s going on.

This very well could be the answer. The out of the box reports can be terrible sometimes.

1 Like

That was it! When I was messing around in the SSRS I must have done something wrong. I was adding outlines to some grid items, and it resulted in those duplicate rows. After reverting to the canned report I was able to add in the grid outlines without duplicating anything. phew
Thanks for your help!