Alert Errors in the Alert Log

Thanks! I was looking at every sub folder under System Management but never thought to look there.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mattcald_73" <matt@...> wrote:
>
> Look at Global Alert Message Error Log found under System Management. Click the Alert/Log button, and then select all. You can delete the messages there, and that will get rid of your "There are alert errors..." message.
I'm working on enabling global alerts. Everytime I launch the Vantage client, at the bottom of the screen I get the message, "There are alert errors reported in the Alert Error Log". I've deleted GlobalAlertsEmail.log under C:\epicor\mfgwrk803 on the server and it does recreate itself, and there are no errors in the log. The Help file talks about an Error Log Detail Sheet, and to perform an Action > Delete All. How do I get to this sheet? I can't find it anywhere.
Look at Global Alert Message Error Log found under System Management. Click the Alert/Log button, and then select all. You can delete the messages there, and that will get rid of your "There are alert errors..." message.

--Matt

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "k99ja04" <jallmond@...> wrote:
>
> I'm working on enabling global alerts. Everytime I launch the Vantage client, at the bottom of the screen I get the message, "There are alert errors reported in the Alert Error Log". I've deleted GlobalAlertsEmail.log under C:\epicor\mfgwrk803 on the server and it does recreate itself, and there are no errors in the log. The Help file talks about an Error Log Detail Sheet, and to perform an Action > Delete All. How do I get to this sheet? I can't find it anywhere.
>