All good things

NOOOOooOOOooooOOOO!!! You can’t go @ckrusen ! Like everyone else said, you have been a great help to me too! Thank you for that and you continue to be a great help through many posts that I read almost daily from you and others! You will be sorely missed. :cry: I mean there were times that I wondered, does Calvin even have a job or does he just hang out on epiusers.help all day and answer questions and test things to see if he can repro an error or issue and find a fix for it!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You SHOULD become a consultant you know WAY more than you give yourself credit for Mister. And if you don’t know it, I’m sure you will figure out a way to learn it quickly in your VM test environment. I hope this isn’t the end but I wish you the best with everything! You’d better pop on here once in a while to patrol the place and make sure no one is moving the cheese too much! :cheese: :mouse:

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone is an “expert” on UI Adapters. On one customization, I called a UI Adapter that wasn’t even listed…… just on a hunch that the adapter was utilized in a different UI Form ~ and it worked! There’s a reason that when someone opens up a support ticket, that different Support and Technical staff get assigned to the ticket - because no one at Epicor is an “expert” in every aspect of the software or even the technical framework.

My Business Statistics professor, in college, told us point blank that we’d only learn about 20% of what we needed to know sitting in a classroom. The other 80% would come from on-the-job learning… and that’s proven to be so very true throughout my professional life. I’m learning new things each and every week…… nobody knows everything.

So don’t sell yourself short. Your knowledge likely exceeds the majority of others just from trial and error.

Best wishes, Calvin. I know, with absolute certainty, that users provide more solutions to one another than are ever received from Epicor Support staff ~ so know that every discussion you’ve ever been involved with will continue assisting others, above and beyond those they’ve already helped!

1 Like

This trail sounds familiar.
My guess is you’ll continue to encounter opportunities to work with Epicor… if that’s you want.
Good luck going forward.

1 Like

Hey, what is this!? I thought you were leaving!? I’ve seen you post something every single day since you posted this. :laughing: Is this some ploy to get everyone to tell you how great you are and how much you are going to be missed? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay everyone, I’m leaving Epicor and epiuser.help (for a few hours), I know you’ll miss me but please feel free to pour out your heartfelt and uplifting words in my (temporary) absence. LOLRH! :joy: I’m sorry @ckrusen, I just had to give you a hard time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Well when a star dies it goes super-nova or maybe grows into a black hole. His retirement may end up more impressive than his start.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Aww!!! I’m sorry! :crying_cat_face: I’m just teasing you! :laughing: I’m glad you haven’t gone and are still here! :partying_face: :raised_hands: Don’t ever leave (that goes for everyone else too)! :smiley:

2 Likes

I told him if he just needs a E10_Demo environment, it’s a matter of giving him access to my Virtual Machine :smiley:

What I find odd is that this announcement comes after this rant:

Someone didn’t like his opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I may quote Mark Twain… “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated” … And no one to blame but myself.

I act as a consultant to a company I used to work for. That’s my “side job”. While doing some maintenance, I saw a new user account that was a Sec Manager, had been created, and that account had applied the latest patch. That user ID happens to be Identical to an Epicor® Gold Partner.

So I figured I was being replaced by that “Gold Partner”. Since I’d been given no notice about it, I figured the transition was going to be “We’re going in a different direction … don’t let the door hit you on the way out”. And that my access to the E10 test company would be cutoff.

Turns out that while corporate was doing the Risk Analysis for ISO, it was determined that having the ERP system maintained by a sole-proprietor, doing it as a side job, was too much risk (I.E. - “What would we do if that guy got hit by a bus ?”). So the need to go to a real company was legitimate.

After talking with the company (that I was managing E10 for), they said they’d like to keep me around to provide a sanity check on what the Gold Partner was doing and/or suggesting. Not because they don’t trust the Gold Partner, but because I was the Director of Operations at the company, and know the companies business process and culture inside and out. And while better ways to use E10 certain exist, they aren’t practical if the company culture is unwilling to do what’s necessary.

tl;dr; - I’ll be around for a little while longer.

10 Likes

Getting the Email from Epicor about how you should only use Epicor(R) partners, was also oddly timed…

3 Likes

can we get a flip flop badge?

5 Likes
1 Like

“Kerry / Edwards 2004”
:wink:

1 Like

wow haso that was fast !!!

I second the flip flop badge …added to the cheese one!

2 Likes

Told you you would be back!

1 Like

Yep, I got the flip-flop reference there. That’s what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Wow, some people will say anything to get kudos…
:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

I may fake my own death, just to see what my family really thinks about me!

2 Likes

Good job I read the whole thread before replying. Glad you are staying, you have been a massive help to me and many others.

1 Like

t’es dwole toi

1 Like