Anyone get Alert.mfgsys in Epicor 9 working?

Hi,

This looks like the same or similar issue that I have just posted.

When I double click on the Alert.mfgsys file attached to the auto email, it just opens up in Notepad and looks quite generic text.

I think it used to be a .vdl extension for the Alert file. I dont know if this makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

We are also in E9.

Cheers,

CHRIS THOMPSON

Sent: Tuesday, 9 June, 2009 15:49:30
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Anyone get Alert.mfgsys in Epicor 9 working?

I was able to get them to work in E9, not sure that I did anything different than usual but I can look at my setup

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Patrick Parker <scrumbus@gmail. com> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Anyone get Alert.mfgsys in Epicor 9 working?
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 9:50 AM

Global alerts send out the Alert.mfgsys attachment that is supposed to allow you to double-click it and have it bring you directly to the object in question (Order, Shipment, etc.).

However, for E9 and looking in the Alert Attachment maintenance that allows you to edit the attachment format, I can see the template is hard coded to point to a Epicor server and simply modifying those values still doesn't get it working.

Funny thing is I asked some of our Epicor reps if this should be working and noone seemed to know.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Global alerts send out the Alert.mfgsys attachment that is supposed to allow you to double-click it and have it bring you directly to the object in question (Order, Shipment, etc.).

However, for E9 and looking in the Alert Attachment maintenance that allows you to edit the attachment format, I can see the template is hard coded to point to a Epicor server and simply modifying those values still doesn't get it working.

Funny thing is I asked some of our Epicor reps if this should be working and noone seemed to know.
I was able to get them to work in E9, not sure that I did anything different than usual but I can look at my setup

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Patrick Parker <scrumbus@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Anyone get Alert.mfgsys in Epicor 9 working?
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 9:50 AM