For example if AP creates an Invoice Group with an apply date of 1/23/2018 but puts the apply date on the invoice itself as 12/31/2017 the GL activity will fall into January because the Group apply date is what the system goes by. However if you look at the Invoice it would still show the apply date as what they put at the invoice level even though that isn’t exactly true.
What the Controller would like to happen is that if the Apply Date in the Invoice Group is 1/23/2018 then the Apply Date at the Invoice level would need to be something in January 2018 as well.
Thank you for trying! I think I found a workaround for this to prevent any further AP incidents. Instead of worrying about a BPM I decided to try field level security and changing the Invoice level Apply Date to Read Only. The apply date defaults automatically to the Group’s apply date so I think that should solve the problem.