AP Invoice Trouble

This happened to us where there are fat fingers. What we done is create a CM just like the wrong invoice was entered. Wrong dates and all and then create a 0 dollar manual payment to clear it off the again. the invoice and cm will be cleaned.

In order to prevent this, i created a BPM that where the invoice date , the fiscal year and fiscal period must match before savings. that way there is no way someone wasnt forced to look at the dates if they didnt match. Hope this helps

Jose
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "rhouseman86@..." wrote:
>
> Hi folks-
> I've got another Accounting issues. Here's the scenario-
> Accounting received an invoice, entered it, and had fun.
> Accounting realized that they entered an Apply Date of 12-13-2013 instead of 12-13-2012.
> Accounting then did an invoice adjustment, since, apparently, you can't cancel, change, or do anything else to an AP invoice, to show $0.00 owed on the invoice.
> Finally, Accounting made a NEW invoice for the same items, having correct dates and amounts, and paid it.
> Now, when Accounting prints an aging for AP invoices, the OLD invoice with the wrong apply date is showing up as late in the aging.
> So... how do I fix it, and how do we avoid this situation in the future? Is it possible to cancel an AP invoice? Or change a date? How do we accomplish that?
> Thanks for your help!
> Ryan Houseman
>
Hi folks-
I've got another Accounting issues. Here's the scenario-
Accounting received an invoice, entered it, and had fun.
Accounting realized that they entered an Apply Date of 12-13-2013 instead of 12-13-2012.
Accounting then did an invoice adjustment, since, apparently, you can't cancel, change, or do anything else to an AP invoice, to show $0.00 owed on the invoice.
Finally, Accounting made a NEW invoice for the same items, having correct dates and amounts, and paid it.
Now, when Accounting prints an aging for AP invoices, the OLD invoice with the wrong apply date is showing up as late in the aging.
So... how do I fix it, and how do we avoid this situation in the future? Is it possible to cancel an AP invoice? Or change a date? How do we accomplish that?
Thanks for your help!
Ryan Houseman