Application of burden and new bins

Thanks for your reply.
That's the way we are likely going to go with it.

DB

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@...> wrote:
>
> Why not do it through a QC OP/resource prior to receipt? (Make it your last OP.)
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Mva Stratford <mvastratford@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:50 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Application of burden and new bins
>
>
> ÂÂ
>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible so set up a special purpose bin to receive parts from WIP but not yet ready finished goods (FGs).
>
> The hope is that any parts entering the bin would have burden applied to them (QA testing labor), so by the time they are transferred (or received) to FGs inventory, they would be fully costed. That is, production and QA costs allocated.
>
> I would like to hear the thoughts of other group members as to what they think might be the simplest solution.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> DB
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible so set up a special purpose bin to receive parts from WIP but not yet ready finished goods (FGs).

The hope is that any parts entering the bin would have burden applied to them (QA testing labor), so by the time they are transferred (or received) to FGs inventory, they would be fully costed. That is, production and QA costs allocated.

I would like to hear the thoughts of other group members as to what they think might be the simplest solution.

Thanks for your time,

DB
Why not do it through a QC OP/resource prior to receipt? (Make it your last OP.)

Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:50 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Application of burden and new bins

Â

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible so set up a special purpose bin to receive parts from WIP but not yet ready finished goods (FGs).

The hope is that any parts entering the bin would have burden applied to them (QA testing labor), so by the time they are transferred (or received) to FGs inventory, they would be fully costed. That is, production and QA costs allocated.

I would like to hear the thoughts of other group members as to what they think might be the simplest solution.

Thanks for your time,

DB

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]