Applying a customization to Right-Click Open With

We have a simple customization that we use for Lot Entry. The customization is applied via menu maintenance. My question is, if I am right-clicking on something and choose Lot Entry (instead of going to Lot Entry via the menu), then it launches Lot Entry without any customization applied. Is there a way to get customizations to apply when being launched from right-click open with?

Process Calling Maintenance should do the trick. You can choose the menu ID with your customization applied to open whenever a certain process is called.

Here’s how I set one up for our CorrectiveActionRequest module:

1 Like

So you can leave the Called From box empty?

Yes I usually do, I think you can use it to further specify when to use that menu ID. Leaving it blank is like a catch all.

Ah ok. Based on how that Process Calling form looks, I would have thought the first line could be empty (since it says “reference”) but that the second one was required (because it has a dark SELECT button). I was doing it backwards. That clears it up. Thank you!!
Aaron

1 Like

Now that I understand how this works, should I maybe be using it a lot more often? For example, when we customized Part Entry, I found that I had to apply the same customization on the menu tree many different places because Part Entry is found in so many different menus. Is there a reason I should not use Process Calling instead of manually applying the same customization in 8 different menu locations?