Ask for reason on inactivating part

And if you have multiple Memo records with a MemoNum value of 1, you don't get any problems? I wonder why they use it then...

I did that same thing, and just figured that someday that is gonna bite back somehow.

If I find a solution I'll let you know. I put in a call to support about it.

Thanks!

Ernie

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Kirstin Brandt" <kirstin.brandt@...> wrote:
>
> All of the memos that we manually create have a memo number of 1. Everything Epicor creates (Get Details, Check In, etc.) gets a generated MemoNum.
>
> HTH, Kirstin
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <gracefulthreads@> wrote:
> >
> > Partial answer to my own question... I discovered the BPM Form Data Designer, and can have that pop up to grab the description. The BPM can also create a Memo record and put all the data there, but it won't generate a MemoNum. How can I trigger the _SEQT_MemoSeq to stuff that in there?
> >
> > The BPM is:
> >
> > *****
> >
> > Define variable ChangeDesc as character.
> >
> > for each ttPart no-lock.
> >
> > assign ChangeDesc = 'Changed from ' + string(ttPart.Inactive) + ' to ' + string(NOT(ttPart.Inactive)).
> >
> > CREATE Memo.
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'Company','DI').
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoTime',TIME).
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'RelatedToFile','Part').
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'Key1',string(ttPart.PartNum)).
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoDate',TODAY).
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoDesc',ChangeDesc).
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoText',ttCallContextBPMData.ShortChar01).
> > run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoUserID',DCD-UserID).
> >
> > End.
> >
> > *****
> >
> > It runs great and puts in the values, but does not generate a Memo Number. I can even click the memo icon in the part master file and bring up the data. How important is it that there isn't a Memo Number?
> >
> > Ernie Lowell
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <gracefulthreads@> wrote:
> > >
> > > E9.04.507A SQL
> > >
> > > I have a BAM set to create a log when someone checks a part as "inactive", and it captures the UserID as well as date/time. Is there any way I could also make a description box come up (similar to the Change Description box on Job Entry when you release a job) and allow them to enter a reason, which would be stored in the ChgLog table?
> > >
> > > I know enough about ABL code to be reasonably dangerous, and it seems as though the "Additional Alert Procedure" on the BAM Action screen would be the place to do this, but I couldn't find a program in the lib folder that looked close.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Ernie Lowell
> > > Diba Industries
> > >
> >
>
E9.04.507A SQL

I have a BAM set to create a log when someone checks a part as "inactive", and it captures the UserID as well as date/time. Is there any way I could also make a description box come up (similar to the Change Description box on Job Entry when you release a job) and allow them to enter a reason, which would be stored in the ChgLog table?

I know enough about ABL code to be reasonably dangerous, and it seems as though the "Additional Alert Procedure" on the BAM Action screen would be the place to do this, but I couldn't find a program in the lib folder that looked close.

Thanks,

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries
Partial answer to my own question... I discovered the BPM Form Data Designer, and can have that pop up to grab the description. The BPM can also create a Memo record and put all the data there, but it won't generate a MemoNum. How can I trigger the _SEQT_MemoSeq to stuff that in there?

The BPM is:

Define variable ChangeDesc as character.

for each ttPart no-lock.

assign ChangeDesc = 'Changed from ' + string(ttPart.Inactive) + ' to ' + string(NOT(ttPart.Inactive)).

CREATE Memo.
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'Company','DI').
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoTime',TIME).
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'RelatedToFile','Part').
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'Key1',string(ttPart.PartNum)).
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoDate',TODAY).
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoDesc',ChangeDesc).
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoText',ttCallContextBPMData.ShortChar01).
run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoUserID',DCD-UserID).

End.

It runs great and puts in the values, but does not generate a Memo Number. I can even click the memo icon in the part master file and bring up the data. How important is it that there isn't a Memo Number?

Ernie Lowell

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <gracefulthreads@...> wrote:
>
> E9.04.507A SQL
>
> I have a BAM set to create a log when someone checks a part as "inactive", and it captures the UserID as well as date/time. Is there any way I could also make a description box come up (similar to the Change Description box on Job Entry when you release a job) and allow them to enter a reason, which would be stored in the ChgLog table?
>
> I know enough about ABL code to be reasonably dangerous, and it seems as though the "Additional Alert Procedure" on the BAM Action screen would be the place to do this, but I couldn't find a program in the lib folder that looked close.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ernie Lowell
> Diba Industries
>
All of the memos that we manually create have a memo number of 1. Everything Epicor creates (Get Details, Check In, etc.) gets a generated MemoNum.

HTH, Kirstin

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <gracefulthreads@...> wrote:
>
> Partial answer to my own question... I discovered the BPM Form Data Designer, and can have that pop up to grab the description. The BPM can also create a Memo record and put all the data there, but it won't generate a MemoNum. How can I trigger the _SEQT_MemoSeq to stuff that in there?
>
> The BPM is:
>
> *****
>
> Define variable ChangeDesc as character.
>
> for each ttPart no-lock.
>
> assign ChangeDesc = 'Changed from ' + string(ttPart.Inactive) + ' to ' + string(NOT(ttPart.Inactive)).
>
> CREATE Memo.
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'Company','DI').
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoTime',TIME).
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'RelatedToFile','Part').
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'Key1',string(ttPart.PartNum)).
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoDate',TODAY).
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoDesc',ChangeDesc).
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoText',ttCallContextBPMData.ShortChar01).
> run lib\updatetablebuffer.p(input BUFFER Memo:HANDLE, 'MemoUserID',DCD-UserID).
>
> End.
>
> *****
>
> It runs great and puts in the values, but does not generate a Memo Number. I can even click the memo icon in the part master file and bring up the data. How important is it that there isn't a Memo Number?
>
> Ernie Lowell
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <gracefulthreads@> wrote:
> >
> > E9.04.507A SQL
> >
> > I have a BAM set to create a log when someone checks a part as "inactive", and it captures the UserID as well as date/time. Is there any way I could also make a description box come up (similar to the Change Description box on Job Entry when you release a job) and allow them to enter a reason, which would be stored in the ChgLog table?
> >
> > I know enough about ABL code to be reasonably dangerous, and it seems as though the "Additional Alert Procedure" on the BAM Action screen would be the place to do this, but I couldn't find a program in the lib folder that looked close.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ernie Lowell
> > Diba Industries
> >
>