Assembly Jobs Scheduling

Other than either permanently changing it in the MOM or establishing alternate methods you can’t.  In all fairness the system wouldn’t be able to know just how you wanted to execute that and when, it’s a dynamic variable that really exists at the operational level.  Your scheduler should be working with operations to change that at the job level as resource availability changes.

Rob Bucek

Production Control Manager

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

Black River Falls, WI 54615

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

Mobile: 715-896-3119

rbucek@...

Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 10:45 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Assembly Jobs Scheduling

I did check the scheduling blocks... but how you would you update the scheduling blocks on MRP jobs?

I am curious as how different companies have Epicor schedule assembly jobs.

For us we have 10 people in assembly, if we have 10 or more jobs then its easy to schedule, one assembler per job.  However, if we have less than 10 jobs then a single job could have more than 1 assembler assigned to it and they'll finish the job quicker.

How does Epicor's job schedule module account for scenarios like this one?  Where if one or more identical resources are available, it can be used for that operation and finish it quicker?

You’ll want to look into scheduling blocks for that.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
D&S Manufacturing
301 E. Main St.
Black River Falls, WI 54615
715-284-5376 Ext. 311
Mobile: 715-896-3119
rbucek@...<mailto:rbucek@...>
Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 9:22 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Assembly Jobs Scheduling

I am curious as how different companies have Epicor schedule assembly jobs.

For us we have 10 people in assembly, if we have 10 or more jobs then its easy to schedule, one assembler per job. However, if we have less than 10 jobs then a single job could have more than 1 assembler assigned to it and they'll finish the job quicker.

How does Epicor's job schedule module account for scenarios like this one? Where if one or more identical resources are available, it can be used for that operation and finish it quicker?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I did check the scheduling blocks... but how you would you update the scheduling blocks on MRP jobs?