Attaching a UD Table to the Job Oper table

Hello all,

I am getting the exact error above as well when trying to add UD01 to the Job Entry screen.  It's happening when you SetParentView in the InitializeUD01Adapter Sub.  Specifically:

Me._edvUD01.SetParentView(Me._edvJobHead, parentKeyFields, childKeyFields)

I've had this exact code in SerialNo Maintenance and Customer Maintenance and did not get the error.  Maybe the issue is JobEntry specific?  Full code below, anyone have a hunch?

Private Sub InitializeUD01Adapter()
Me._ud01Adapter = New UD01Adapter(Me.oTrans)
Me._ud01Adapter.BOConnect

Me._edvUD01 = New EpiDataView
Me._edvUD01.dataView = New DataView(Me._ud01Adapter.UD01Data.UD01)
Me._edvUD01.AddEnabled = true
Me._edvUD01.AddText = "New UD01"
If (Me.oTrans.EpiDataViews.ContainsKey("UD01View") = false) Then
Me.oTrans.Add("UD01View", Me._edvUD01)
End If

' Initialize EpiDataView field.
Me._edvJobHead = CType(Me.oTrans.EpiDataViews("JobHead"),EpiDataView)

' Set the parent view / keys for UD child view
Dim parentKeyFields(0) As String
Dim childKeyFields(0) As String
parentKeyFields(0) = "JobNum"
childKeyFields(0) = "Key1"
Me._edvUD01.SetParentView(Me._edvJobHead, parentKeyFields, childKeyFields)

If (Not (Me.oTrans.PrimaryAdapter) Is Nothing) Then
' Me.oTrans.PrimaryAdapter.GetCurrentDataSet(Epicor.Mfg.UI.Searches.DataSetMode.RowsDataSet).Tables.Add(Me._edvUD01.dataView.Table.Clone)
End If

Dim ja As JobEntryAdapter = oTrans.JobEntryAdapter

dtUD01 = _edvUD01.dataView.Table.Clone()
ja.JobEntryData.Tables.Add(dtUD01)
End Sub

Hi All,

I have been trying to figure out a way to link a UD table to the Job Oper table so that I can have access to more custom fields as well as the ability to update those fields regardless of a job being released. Have any of you tried linking a UD table to the Job Oper table (or any other table) and have some advice/instructions for how to do it?

Thanks,

-Marcus S.

marcus@...

Just use the Wizard in Customization mode. Its in the Actions or Tool Menu ("Add Child UD Table")

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:01 PM, marcus@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>Hi All,</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>I have been trying to figure out a way to link a UD table to the Job Oper table so that I can have access to more custom fields as well as the ability to update those fields regardless of a job being released. Have any of you tried linking a UD table to the Job Oper table (or any other table) and have some advice/instructions for how to do it?</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Thanks,</span></p><p><span>-Marcus S.</span></p><p><span><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:marcus@...">marcus@...</a></span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I am getting the following error after I run through the wizard:

Error Detail
============
Must set Static Filter before setting Parent/Child relations

Stack Trace
===========
   at Epicor.Mfg.UI.FrameWork.EpiDataView.set_StaticFilter(String value)
   at Epicor.Mfg.UI.FrameWork.JobLib.JobTransactionHelper.SetViewFilters(String job, Int32 AssemblySeq)
   at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.JobEntry.Transaction.SetViewFilters(String job, Int32 AssemblySeq)
   at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.JobEntry.Transaction.GetByID(String jobNum)

Any ideas?