Attachments on Job Entry or Tracker

Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to add a button to be able to attach files to a specific job whether that be in Job Tracker or Job Entry. There is Job specific information that we would like to have attached and viewable, but currently do not have the option. Our only option other than customizing is just attaching to the sales order for the job which we don’t really want to do.

Does the standard attachment function via Job Entry, right-click in menu tree?

2 Likes

I would never have know that was there. Thank you so much!

Also, keep in mind that it is standard functionality to automatically copy any Part Revision attachments to the job when it is created.

That is great to know, we could definitely have drawings and whatnot pull to each job from the revision.

Keep in mind after you make the attachment. Later if you make a revision change to the part number you will loose the attachment(s) that you saved. you then will have to re-attach the documents.

If we make a revision change as in, change the current revision from A to B or if we make any changes to the BOM or BOO for revision A?

That is correct for the revision change from A to B, you will loose the attachments and have to reattach them. Never done the BOM or BOO I am not sure about that you would have to try to see if it happens.

1 Like