Auto Close Jobs and Cost issues

Lol…I think you’re supposed to run it before you capture…and that is probably why, to get the costs associated properly.

Capture can be a scary thing at the wrong time, haha.

Thanks,

Steve

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:54 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Auto Close Jobs and Cost issues

That's good to know, I'll have to try it out. I think I was getting the report mixed up with the capture, (which everyone is scared of around here. :-)

We have a program that runs and closes jobs automatically every night.  We were re-opening jobs and to fix the ones that were closed pre-maturely. Mostly adjusting costs but when that happens the cost doesn't move appropriately to the job when re-closed. Has anyone dealt with this issue?  Do you auto close jobs?  What do you to do fix cost if needed?

I have to say at the last company I was at we did not auto close jobs and maybe this was why.

Thanks Kim

Kim,

If I’m not mistaken, Epicor has an issue with associating cost to jobs that are shipped direct to customers. If a job is created to inventory, when it is transferred to inventory the costs associated with it go to inventory as well. However, (I was told this by an Epicor Customer Service person) when a job is created as a demand link to an order no cost is associated with it until a report such as WIP reconciliation is run that then triggers Epicor to associate a cost. What I do is schedule the report to run once a day at about 2 AM.

I would suggest running such a report before allowing your job closing to run. We do all kind of fun things with Service Connect to ensure our costs are done correctly.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 8:35 AM
To: yahoogroups <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] Auto Close Jobs and Cost issues

We have a program that runs and closes jobs automatically every night.  We were re-opening jobs and to fix the ones that were closed pre-maturely. Mostly adjusting costs but when that happens the cost doesn't move appropriately to the job when re-closed. Has anyone dealt with this issue?  Do you auto close jobs?  What do you to do fix cost if needed?

I have to say at the last company I was at we did not auto close jobs and maybe this was why.

Thanks Kim

Does the WIP reconciliation report lock some other things when you run it?

It’s my understanding that as long as you don’t post anything, running the report is just that, running a report. It just triggers something that then associates costs with the order jobs. It’s pretty silly if you ask me and they should just always associate costs as things are transferred or shipped.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:26 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Auto Close Jobs and Cost issues

Does the WIP reconciliation report lock some other things when you run it?

That's good to know, I'll have to try it out. I think I was getting the report mixed up with the capture, (which everyone is scared of around here. :-)