Auto Job Closing/Completion

I love the updatable dashboard idea. I can get the query to pull the jobs in, but I can't get them to close. What business object, method, tables are you updating?

Thanks

Where can I learn about Auto Job Closing and Completion and how to use it and set parameters? What are the best methods? We have about 150 jobs a day and are doing them by hand right now with a manual review. We didn't realize there was a better way. 

hope this helps...

http://www.saberlogic.com/blog/blog.html/2011/02/automatic-job-closing-completion-in-epicor-8-9/ 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Where can I learn about Auto Job Closing and Completion and how to use it and set parameters? What are the best methods? We have about 150 jobs a day and are doing them by hand right now with a manual review. We didn't realize there was a better way. 
Brian,  What version of EPicor are you on?  If you have 9.05, you can create and updatable dashboard to complete and close jobs. It can give you a list and you check the boxes and put in the dates and save.  Cuts tons of time off job closing.

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:07:38 -0700
Subject: [Vantage] Auto Job Closing/Completion

<div id="ygrps-yiv-1822195821ecxygrp-text">

Where can I learn about Auto Job Closing and Completion and how to use it and set parameters? What are the best methods? We have about 150 jobs a day and are doing them by hand right now with a manual review. We didn&#39;t realize there was a better way.&nbsp;<br>

</div>

<div style="height:0px;color:rgb(255, 255, 255);"></div>
Kent, we are on 905701, how do we do this?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:15 AM, "Kent Rooen" <krrooen25@...> wrote:

Brian,  What version of EPicor are you on?  If you have 9.05, you can create and updatable dashboard to complete and close jobs. It can give you a list and you check the boxes and put in the dates and save.  Cuts tons of time off job closing.

<div id="ygrps-yiv-275487861ecxygrp-text">

Where can I learn about Auto Job Closing and Completion and how to use it and set parameters? What are the best methods? We have about 150 jobs a day and are doing them by hand right now with a manual review. We didn&#39;t realize there was a better way.&nbsp;<br>

</div>

Do you have Jobs Attached to Orders or are your Jobs all Make to Stock? 
Create an Updatable BAQ with JobHed, JobProd & OrderRel.  Criteria JobClosesd is False.  Set JobComplete, JobCompleteDate, JobClose & JobCloseDate to be updatable.

Figure out how you tell what Jobs need to be closed and make a tracker based on that to pull in the jobs.  (By date, in last operation, S/O number.)

When you put into dashboard and your data pulls in, check the Job Completed & Job Closed boxes and populate the Job Competed date & job Closed Date. (you can copy and paste the dates.) then click save and the system will complete and close the jobs in seconds.

Let me know if you need more info.

Kent

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:37:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Auto Job Closing/Completion

<div id="ygrps-yiv-231650304ecxygrp-text">

<div>Kent, we are on 905701, how do we do this?<br><br>Sent from my iPhone</div><div><br><blockquote><span title="qreply"> On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:15 AM, &quot;Kent Rooen&quot; &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:krrooen25@...">krrooen25@...</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></span></blockquote></div><blockquote><div>

<div id="ygrps-yiv-231650304ecxygrp-text">

</div>

</div>