Automation Studio Initial Setup/Configuration

Does anyone know if there is an install guide for Automation Studio yet? I haven’t been able to find one on EpicWeb, but I might be searching the wrong search terms. I did find one for P21 but it didn’t help with this specific issue. I have my instance configured and appear to have my user setup correctly, but I can’t establish connection to the application. I am not sure if I have the server field filled in correctly or not. I am also not sure if there’s interference from my firewall (I have heard that some firewall settings need to be whitelisted but I can’t find any specifics on that). Here is where I am stuck:

@timshuwy - Any advice?

Thanks!

Jay

Just to clarify, do you mean Automation Studio?

Argh, yes. Edited. Thanks!

Are you using the on premise client? or is your epicor in the cloud (public)? It looks like you are having a DNS error as in it can’t find your server / domain

Epicor is on prem but I am not using the On Prem Automation Studio agent. I think that is where I am struggling. Since Automation Studio is in the cloud, I know that in some way I need to point the cloud agent to my on prem App Server but I am not finding an intuitive way to do so.

Did you buy the On Premise Agent License? If so you need to download and install the on Prem Agent.
You do that by creating an On Prem Goup. (Stand by getting screenshots)

Nope, my CAM said that the cloud agent would still work with the On Premise app but that I might need to make some firewall adjustments. That’s the part where I am stuck.

That is correct if you are okay with having your Epicor on the WAN (that is on the public internet) then you can open port 443 to the WAN and have workato connect (along with everyone else :joy:)

You can limit it by IP in the firewall.

Here’s the IP Addresses you need to WhiteList to allow traffic (only) from Workato

1 Like

Thanks, Jose! I think that gives me what I need.

Appreciate the help.

I’ve enabled WAN access to the Workato IP addresses to our Epicor server. I am now getting a different error message:

undefined method `match?’ for nil:NilClass at line: 2930 called from: 83 called from: 130

It seems like progress in that it is a different error message, but I’m stumped on what would be causing this one.

What does your setup look like ?

I poked a hole in my firewall to open WAN > LAN Traffic to one of our Epicor App Servers to the three IP Addresses in the Workato documentation. I am fairly certain that portion is working because I get a different error message when the new firewall rules are enabled vs when they are disabled (disabling those firewall access rules gives a “Failed to open TCP connection to [IP Redacted]:443” error).

Do you have a web service license?

No, I don’t. I have tried both options on the use Web services license setting.

1 Like

Can you hit Epicor yourself outside VPn if you white list your home IP?

Don’t put in https and it works, just host.server.tld/EpicorInstance

1 Like

I am getting the same error with or without the https:

undefined method ‘match?’ for nil:NilClass at line: 2930 called from: 83 called from: 130’

I did add my home IP address to the access rule and verified that by entering: https://[public ip address]/EpicorTest/Home that I can get into Kinetic in my web browser while not connected to the VPN.

I have an open support ticket (but no movement for a couple days now), as well as a request into my CAM for information on the On Prem agent but any other suggestions are welcome.

@timshuwy can you help Jepp?

if you dont have web service licenses, then I think that could be part of the problem… when you create the connection, you MUST say to not use web service licenses, or it tries to and gets this error.
You might also try contacting our tech support, as they have dealt with this too. If they cant help, we may need to get someone from the PS team to dig into your system.