BAQ parameters in BAQ report

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I'll take an alternate route, but I had to at least try it. Have a good weekend!

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "reardon_kent" <k-reardon@...> wrote:
>
>
> Tried the same thing, finally called Epicor and was told that the parameter wouldn't pass to the BAQ Report.
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm working on a BAQ report trying to make use of the BAQ parameters in Epicor 9.05.700A (Progress). I put a parameter in the BAQ and it works fine in the BAQ. However, when I try to use that BAQ in a BAQ report, it won't prompt for the parameter and returns an empty report. I'm pretty sure I can get the results I want using a BAQ report filter or I could put the info in a dashboard (the BAQ promts for a parameter in a dashboard) and run the report from there, but thought I'd try something new. Does anyone know if a BAQ parameter will work in a BAQ report or is it working as designed? If it did work would the dataset returned be the same as the dataset if I used the filter in the BAQ report instead? Just curious!
> >
> > Sue
> >
>
I'm working on a BAQ report trying to make use of the BAQ parameters in Epicor 9.05.700A (Progress). I put a parameter in the BAQ and it works fine in the BAQ. However, when I try to use that BAQ in a BAQ report, it won't prompt for the parameter and returns an empty report. I'm pretty sure I can get the results I want using a BAQ report filter or I could put the info in a dashboard (the BAQ promts for a parameter in a dashboard) and run the report from there, but thought I'd try something new. Does anyone know if a BAQ parameter will work in a BAQ report or is it working as designed? If it did work would the dataset returned be the same as the dataset if I used the filter in the BAQ report instead? Just curious!

Sue
parameters as defined in the BAQ are not available when used as part of a report. You would add filtering/options via the report designer to control the records returned.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@...> wrote:
>
> I'm working on a BAQ report trying to make use of the BAQ parameters in Epicor 9.05.700A (Progress). I put a parameter in the BAQ and it works fine in the BAQ. However, when I try to use that BAQ in a BAQ report, it won't prompt for the parameter and returns an empty report. I'm pretty sure I can get the results I want using a BAQ report filter or I could put the info in a dashboard (the BAQ promts for a parameter in a dashboard) and run the report from there, but thought I'd try something new. Does anyone know if a BAQ parameter will work in a BAQ report or is it working as designed? If it did work would the dataset returned be the same as the dataset if I used the filter in the BAQ report instead? Just curious!
>
> Sue
>
Tried the same thing, finally called Epicor and was told that the parameter wouldn't pass to the BAQ Report.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@...> wrote:
>
> I'm working on a BAQ report trying to make use of the BAQ parameters in Epicor 9.05.700A (Progress). I put a parameter in the BAQ and it works fine in the BAQ. However, when I try to use that BAQ in a BAQ report, it won't prompt for the parameter and returns an empty report. I'm pretty sure I can get the results I want using a BAQ report filter or I could put the info in a dashboard (the BAQ promts for a parameter in a dashboard) and run the report from there, but thought I'd try something new. Does anyone know if a BAQ parameter will work in a BAQ report or is it working as designed? If it did work would the dataset returned be the same as the dataset if I used the filter in the BAQ report instead? Just curious!
>
> Sue
>
Thanks Jim, that makes sense, my curiosity has been satisfied, I'll take an alternate route. Have a good weekend!

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> parameters as defined in the BAQ are not available when used as part of a report. You would add filtering/options via the report designer to control the records returned.
>
> Jim Kinneman
> Encompass Solutions, Inc
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm working on a BAQ report trying to make use of the BAQ parameters in Epicor 9.05.700A (Progress). I put a parameter in the BAQ and it works fine in the BAQ. However, when I try to use that BAQ in a BAQ report, it won't prompt for the parameter and returns an empty report. I'm pretty sure I can get the results I want using a BAQ report filter or I could put the info in a dashboard (the BAQ promts for a parameter in a dashboard) and run the report from there, but thought I'd try something new. Does anyone know if a BAQ parameter will work in a BAQ report or is it working as designed? If it did work would the dataset returned be the same as the dataset if I used the filter in the BAQ report instead? Just curious!
> >
> > Sue
> >
>