BAQ report Blank Title 66072

I designed a BAQ report that every time it runs I get a message stating "Record has been modified by another user and couldn't be updated. Please press the Refresh button and re-enter your changes."

Anyone have an idea on where I should start looking to correct this?

Here is the full error message is that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Exception caught in: Epicor.Mfg.BO.ReportMonitor

Error Detail

============

Message: Record has been modified by another user and couldn't be updated. Please press the Refresh button and re-enter your changes.

Type: UpdateConflict

Program: core/BizRuleEngine.p

Method: Main-Block

Table: SysRptLst

Row: 0x0000000009013a22

Field: SysRevID

Stack Trace

===========

at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.ReportMonitorImpl.Update(ReportMonitorDataSet ds)

at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.ReportMonitorAdapter.Update()

at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.SysMonitorEntry.Transaction.ProcessAutoPrintRequests()

Inner Exception

===============

ERROR condition: The Server application has returned an error. (7243)  (7211) 

Inner Stack Trace

=================

at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, Boolean persistent, Boolean internal_Renamed, Int64 procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)

at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runStatelessProcedure(String requestID, String fullProcedureName, ParameterSet inparams, Object procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)

at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runTheProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)

at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runProcedure(String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)

at Epicor.Mfg.Core.CallContext.CallContextPersistentProc.runProcedure(String procedureName, ParameterSet parameters, MetaSchema metaSchema)

at Epicor.Mfg.Core.CallContext.ProxyHelper.CallMethod(String procedureName, ParameterSet parameters, MetaSchema metaSchema, BLConnectionPool connPool, Session connection, PersistentProc persistProc, CallContextDataSet callContextDataSet)

at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.ReportMonitorImpl.Update(ReportMonitorDataSet ds)

BAQ Report
Â
Any suggestions on how to write the following BAQ?
Â
Title:Â Orders Report per Month
Â
I need an updated daily report the gives me the following info:
Â
Orders received month to date by revenue type and compared to budget with a variance column. Naturally, being an accountant, I would also like the YTD info.
Â
Barbara Kite
Controller
Cableform, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi All, Happy new year!

Epicor 9.04.506C

I wrote a BAQ & BAQ report that will give me a list of sales order number & line part number details for a particular serial number. however, the serial numbers are stored in horderHed.Character05 filed.
(some of the Serial numbers go back to well before we started using E9). report works great, however I wanted to add a filter so we can pull up the history for a particular serial number. The chraracter05 field does not show up as an available field to use as a filter. any thoughts on how I can be able to filter on the character05 field?

I dont have any filters on the BAQ, but I do have a criteria on the BAQ to only select sales orders where chracter05 is not blank. (so I dont pull orders not referencing a serial number.

thanks in advance
Andy
If you want to be able to input a serial number and report on that serial number I think you want to use an "Option Field" not a filter. In adding an option field via the Report Designer as long as character05 is part of the BAQ you can use it. An option field will appear on the screen when you run the report and you can enter a value into it limiting the results to those that match the value entered.

FYI: Once the option field is on the screen you can use developer mode to further tweak the option field. If for example the serial numbers are maintained somewhere you could add a search button that would return the serial number into the option field.

Jim Kinneman
Senior Consultant
Encompass Solutions

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "howco22" <agortman@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All, Happy new year!
>
> Epicor 9.04.506C
>
> I wrote a BAQ & BAQ report that will give me a list of sales order number & line part number details for a particular serial number. however, the serial numbers are stored in horderHed.Character05 filed.
> (some of the Serial numbers go back to well before we started using E9). report works great, however I wanted to add a filter so we can pull up the history for a particular serial number. The chraracter05 field does not show up as an available field to use as a filter. any thoughts on how I can be able to filter on the character05 field?
>
> I dont have any filters on the BAQ, but I do have a criteria on the BAQ to only select sales orders where chracter05 is not blank. (so I dont pull orders not referencing a serial number.
>
> thanks in advance
> Andy
>
Jim, THanks for the reply.
I have actually added OrderHed.Chracacter05 as an option field, however, when I enter a serial number that I know is on a record, I stll get all records.

I'll look into it futher.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> If you want to be able to input a serial number and report on that serial number I think you want to use an "Option Field" not a filter. In adding an option field via the Report Designer as long as character05 is part of the BAQ you can use it. An option field will appear on the screen when you run the report and you can enter a value into it limiting the results to those that match the value entered.
>
> FYI: Once the option field is on the screen you can use developer mode to further tweak the option field. If for example the serial numbers are maintained somewhere you could add a search button that would return the serial number into the option field.
>
> Jim Kinneman
> Senior Consultant
> Encompass Solutions
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "howco22" <agortman@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All, Happy new year!
> >
> > Epicor 9.04.506C
> >
> > I wrote a BAQ & BAQ report that will give me a list of sales order number & line part number details for a particular serial number. however, the serial numbers are stored in horderHed.Character05 filed.
> > (some of the Serial numbers go back to well before we started using E9). report works great, however I wanted to add a filter so we can pull up the history for a particular serial number. The chraracter05 field does not show up as an available field to use as a filter. any thoughts on how I can be able to filter on the character05 field?
> >
> > I dont have any filters on the BAQ, but I do have a criteria on the BAQ to only select sales orders where chracter05 is not blank. (so I dont pull orders not referencing a serial number.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > Andy
> >
>
As an experiment you might remove the criteria on the BAQ that limits returning only orders that have a serial number in character05 and then see if your option field works.

Jim K.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "howco22" <agortman@...> wrote:
>
> Jim, THanks for the reply.
> I have actually added OrderHed.Chracacter05 as an option field, however, when I enter a serial number that I know is on a record, I stll get all records.
>
> I'll look into it futher.
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> >
> > If you want to be able to input a serial number and report on that serial number I think you want to use an "Option Field" not a filter. In adding an option field via the Report Designer as long as character05 is part of the BAQ you can use it. An option field will appear on the screen when you run the report and you can enter a value into it limiting the results to those that match the value entered.
> >
> > FYI: Once the option field is on the screen you can use developer mode to further tweak the option field. If for example the serial numbers are maintained somewhere you could add a search button that would return the serial number into the option field.
> >
> > Jim Kinneman
> > Senior Consultant
> > Encompass Solutions
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "howco22" <agortman@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All, Happy new year!
> > >
> > > Epicor 9.04.506C
> > >
> > > I wrote a BAQ & BAQ report that will give me a list of sales order number & line part number details for a particular serial number. however, the serial numbers are stored in horderHed.Character05 filed.
> > > (some of the Serial numbers go back to well before we started using E9). report works great, however I wanted to add a filter so we can pull up the history for a particular serial number. The chraracter05 field does not show up as an available field to use as a filter. any thoughts on how I can be able to filter on the character05 field?
> > >
> > > I dont have any filters on the BAQ, but I do have a criteria on the BAQ to only select sales orders where chracter05 is not blank. (so I dont pull orders not referencing a serial number.
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> > > Andy
> > >
> >
>
Upon review of the BAQ report designer, for the option field I had selected ReportParameter.Character05 instead of OrderHed.Character05. I changed to the correct field & BAQ report works fine now.

Thanks for your help.
Andy

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> As an experiment you might remove the criteria on the BAQ that limits returning only orders that have a serial number in character05 and then see if your option field works.
>
> Jim K.
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "howco22" <agortman@> wrote:
> >
> > Jim, THanks for the reply.
> > I have actually added OrderHed.Chracacter05 as an option field, however, when I enter a serial number that I know is on a record, I stll get all records.
> >
> > I'll look into it futher.
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you want to be able to input a serial number and report on that serial number I think you want to use an "Option Field" not a filter. In adding an option field via the Report Designer as long as character05 is part of the BAQ you can use it. An option field will appear on the screen when you run the report and you can enter a value into it limiting the results to those that match the value entered.
> > >
> > > FYI: Once the option field is on the screen you can use developer mode to further tweak the option field. If for example the serial numbers are maintained somewhere you could add a search button that would return the serial number into the option field.
> > >
> > > Jim Kinneman
> > > Senior Consultant
> > > Encompass Solutions
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "howco22" <agortman@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi All, Happy new year!
> > > >
> > > > Epicor 9.04.506C
> > > >
> > > > I wrote a BAQ & BAQ report that will give me a list of sales order number & line part number details for a particular serial number. however, the serial numbers are stored in horderHed.Character05 filed.
> > > > (some of the Serial numbers go back to well before we started using E9). report works great, however I wanted to add a filter so we can pull up the history for a particular serial number. The chraracter05 field does not show up as an available field to use as a filter. any thoughts on how I can be able to filter on the character05 field?
> > > >
> > > > I dont have any filters on the BAQ, but I do have a criteria on the BAQ to only select sales orders where chracter05 is not blank. (so I dont pull orders not referencing a serial number.
> > > >
> > > > thanks in advance
> > > > Andy
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
I need to create a BAQ inventory report that excludes inventory with transactions dated in the past two years.  I want to pull all inventory on hand with no activity between 12/31/2012 and 12/31/2014.  How can I do that? 
Thanks,
The way we accomplished this was  using crystal in vantage 8.03.

-The onhand report was created first with date range parameters.  

-This report calls out a sub report for transaction history for each part with the date range passed through. 

-the transaction history sub report is grouped by part number.  The details are suppressed.   The greatest transaction date is returned from the subreport using a shared variable. 

We use this report to identify obsolete or unmoving inventory.   Therefore, it is important for us to exclude insignificant transactions (STK-STK, ADJ-CST, ADJ-QTY, etc..).   

HTH,

Bruce B.  

(watching san fran kicking san diego around)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date:12/20/2014 9:14 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] BAQ report

I need to create a BAQ inventory report that excludes inventory with transactions dated in the past two years.  I want to pull all inventory on hand with no activity between 12/31/2012 and 12/31/2014.  How can I do that? 
Thanks,