BAQ Report Preview Issues

You are probably right. All our users are part of a work force because we use sales territories. I never checked to see what happens if a user is not assigned to a work force at all. I always assigned them and then made sure that "view all territories" was checked.

Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 5:05:53 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: BAQ Report Preview Issues

Â
Steve,

Thank you so much. Appearently I should update my work instruction for adding a salesperson (oops, maybe I should write one so I wouldn't forget that step).

That was exactly it. It appears, when I did the original setup, I added each salesperson to the 'Default' territory. We don't use territories, so I have 1 default setup just so everything will work. I completely forgot about that piece.

It makes me chuckle a little because this report has been available for some time now and this is the first time this salesperson approached me. I guess it shows how much of the system people really use.

However, why does this affect a salesperson but it doesn't affect a general user? My COO runs this report regularly (obviously because he was the one that wanted it customized). He is not in the Work Force. Is it just one of those things that because you are part of the Work Force you have all of this other criteria that has to be covered. And, if you are not you are ok.

Thanks. I will get right on that setup instruction.

Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@ ...> wrote:
>
> The Work Force Security with the CRM module is a strange creature that exists outside of the normal Vantage security. If the "Salesperson" is not assigned to the territory the Customer belongs to, then the "Salesperson" can not see that Customer in any Table, BAQ, etc.. This is a problem for us so we make sure every Work Force ID has "View all Territories" checked.
>
> So, for a test, try checking "View all Territories" for User 'B' in Work Force Maintenance and see if that user now gets back data from the BAQ. If that works then the problem is a "Sales Territory", "Work Force", "Customer" CRM security issue.
>
>
>
>
> ____________ _________ _________ __
> From: jplehr <jlehr@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
> Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 2:21:20 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] BAQ Report Preview Issues
>
> ÂÂ
> Vantage 8.03.408A
>
> My issue is with a BAQ Report.
>
> I wrote a BAQ Report that is basically a Sales Backlog with related Jobs. User 'A' runs the report without problem. User 'A' is a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else. User 'B' runs the report and no data is returned. User 'B' is also a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else.
>
> Note... User 'B' can run other BAQ Reports successfully.
>
> I have not tested all other users, but I do know quite a few that can run the report successfully.
>
> Any thoughts I can look into?
>
> Jeff
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Vantage 8.03.408A

My issue is with a BAQ Report.

I wrote a BAQ Report that is basically a Sales Backlog with related Jobs. User 'A' runs the report without problem. User 'A' is a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else. User 'B' runs the report and no data is returned. User 'B' is also a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else.

Note... User 'B' can run other BAQ Reports successfully.

I have not tested all other users, but I do know quite a few that can run the report successfully.

Any thoughts I can look into?

Jeff
The Work Force Security with the CRM module is a strange creature that exists outside of the normal Vantage security. If the "Salesperson" is not assigned to the territory the Customer belongs to, then the "Salesperson" can not see that Customer in any Table, BAQ, etc.. This is a problem for us so we make sure every Work Force ID has "View all Territories" checked.

So, for a test, try checking "View all Territories" for User 'B' in Work Force Maintenance and see if that user now gets back data from the BAQ. If that works then the problem is a "Sales Territory", "Work Force", "Customer" CRM security issue.

Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 2:21:20 PM
Subject: [Vantage] BAQ Report Preview Issues

Â
Vantage 8.03.408A

My issue is with a BAQ Report.

I wrote a BAQ Report that is basically a Sales Backlog with related Jobs. User 'A' runs the report without problem. User 'A' is a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else. User 'B' runs the report and no data is returned. User 'B' is also a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else.

Note... User 'B' can run other BAQ Reports successfully.

I have not tested all other users, but I do know quite a few that can run the report successfully.

Any thoughts I can look into?

Jeff

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Steve,

Thank you so much. Appearently I should update my work instruction for adding a salesperson (oops, maybe I should write one so I wouldn't forget that step).

That was exactly it. It appears, when I did the original setup, I added each salesperson to the 'Default' territory. We don't use territories, so I have 1 default setup just so everything will work. I completely forgot about that piece.

It makes me chuckle a little because this report has been available for some time now and this is the first time this salesperson approached me. I guess it shows how much of the system people really use.

However, why does this affect a salesperson but it doesn't affect a general user? My COO runs this report regularly (obviously because he was the one that wanted it customized). He is not in the Work Force. Is it just one of those things that because you are part of the Work Force you have all of this other criteria that has to be covered. And, if you are not you are ok.

Thanks. I will get right on that setup instruction.

Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> The Work Force Security with the CRM module is a strange creature that exists outside of the normal Vantage security. If the "Salesperson" is not assigned to the territory the Customer belongs to, then the "Salesperson" can not see that Customer in any Table, BAQ, etc.. This is a problem for us so we make sure every Work Force ID has "View all Territories" checked.
>
> So, for a test, try checking "View all Territories" for User 'B' in Work Force Maintenance and see if that user now gets back data from the BAQ. If that works then the problem is a "Sales Territory", "Work Force", "Customer" CRM security issue.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: jplehr <jlehr@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 2:21:20 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] BAQ Report Preview Issues
>
> ÂÂ
> Vantage 8.03.408A
>
> My issue is with a BAQ Report.
>
> I wrote a BAQ Report that is basically a Sales Backlog with related Jobs. User 'A' runs the report without problem. User 'A' is a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else. User 'B' runs the report and no data is returned. User 'B' is also a salesperson setup in Work Force Maintenance and is an 'Authorized User' of himself and nobody else.
>
> Note... User 'B' can run other BAQ Reports successfully.
>
> I have not tested all other users, but I do know quite a few that can run the report successfully.
>
> Any thoughts I can look into?
>
> Jeff
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]