BAQ Table Criteria MultiValue Dropdown

Hello all,

I am working on a BAQ that has a table criteria where 1 field has to equal any of a list. I know to change the operation to “IN” and change the Filter Value to “specified list parameter”. When I specify a parameter for this the user would have to type in every option manually. Is there a way to create a multi value parameter where the values are pre-populated? When I don’t choose an “IN” operation I can specify these values with a BAQ but when I do choose “IN” these types of parameters are not available on the “Select List Parameter” screen.

So you’re wanting the end user to have a dropdown list for the parameter like this?

If so, you can specify “DropDown List” as the editor type when you’re defining the parameter. You then fill out the value it displays and returns below. You can also use a BAQ to populate that list if you needed something more dynamic.

I do see that option as I mentioned but I have to change the operator to “=” for it to appear on the select parameter list and it only allows the user to pick 1 options from the drop down list. I am looking for something more like this screenshot.
Capture

That’s a screenshot of a report I made using SSRS in our old ERP. Is it possible to do something like this using BAQ’s?

You might be able to do this using a dashboard filter. You would have to access your BAQ through a dashboard, but I think filter gives you the option to select multiple.

1 Like

@ldiaz Depending on how many options you’re wanting to give the end user you could add multiple parameter options with the “Or” clause. like this.

If you do go this route, make sure you leave the first option in each drop down blank (NULL) so the user has the option to leave one or more of the options unselected.

If you’re planning on giving the end user a lot of options on the dropdown, I would agree with @NateS to use a Dashboard to control this. You can add a dropdown filter then customize what values it displays. It takes a little bit more work but it will be a cleaner option in the end.

Good luck,