BAQ to SSRS Report

What steps need to be taken in order to successfully take a BAQ and make it into an SSRS report?

Using a BAQ report makes this pretty easy. Ideally, make sure you have all the fields you need in your BAQ because there is some manual work to do to add them later after your report is created.

KB0114676 also talks about the new go-forward feature that lets you add a BAQ as a data source on a Report Data Definition and subsequently onto a Report Style. It has been a while since I walked through it.

1 Like

In the table above, I would like to add a calculation for Single Widths Yardage that is Cut Length/36 * Single Widths. Where in my current SQL query below would I insert this logic?

Is it as simple as adding in the second line a SingleWidthsYardage decimal(18,2), in the INSERT INTO line SingleWidthsYardage and within the SELECT the formula?

Do it with a calculated field in the report. No need to do it in the SQL.

1 Like

Let me give that a try

That worked perfectly, thank you!

If I want to get a total at the bottom of the calculated field for the yardages, can I just enter a simple SUM of that calculated field or is there more to it?

Depending on your row groups, you can just add the field to the appropriate group and it will sum it for you.

I do not have any row groups currently. Also I am able to get a sum of the rest of the columns just fine using the SUM function, but for the yardages that have a calculated field it returns an error in that field in print preview

Try writing the expression as summing the expression and not the field.

Still get #Error in that field

Also I want to put a column visibility on both Fraction Widths columns to not show the columns if the values are all 0. Any suggestions on how to do that?

I added a CDbl after the sum of the calc field and that took care of the error