Below min inventory BPM help required

Hi - I have only really done basic BPM’s but need one to alert staff when the onhandqty of a raw material drops below the min qty level which is only specified at the partplant level as we don’t use the kanban min qty. I have created the following BPM which is emailing ok but is emailing anytime there is a qty adjustment to a part and not when it drops below the minimum. Not sure if I am on the right track either. Thanks Gillian

Hi Gillian,

A couple of thoughts on it. First, I think you might need to use the ttPartWhse record as that should give you the current record being updated. Second, do you only have one warehouse for a part in a plant? If you have multiple, you might need to sum your QOH for the warehouses in the plant to compare to the min quantity on part plant.’

Nancy

You might try changing this to be based of a DATA BPM that examines the PartTran record. In PartTran, you can see multiple pieces of info:

1. transaction type (inventory change is what you want to trigger off of
  2. the part number
    3, the transaction qty
  3. the qty AFTER the transaction.
    You could use this data to derive if this is the transaction that caused the data to cross over the min boundary.
    for example, if the part has a minimum of 100, and the transaction qty was 10, and the AFTER qty was 80, you take 80+10 = 90… you know the BEFORE value was already below 100, so you don’t want to sen the email again., but if the after qty was 91, then 91+10 is 101, and you know that this transaction caused the balance to cross over 100.

Apologies have been on extended Xmas holidays so only getting to look at suggested solutions now - will let you know if I need further assistance - thanks