BOM Listing Report - Add Drawing Number for each Related Part

Hi All,

I’m sure this is a simple question for some of you SSRS veterans, but I’m new to Report Builder and stumbling trying to find the solution.

I’m customizing the BOM Listing Report and want to add the Drawing Number for each part.

• I’ve edited the RDD to include the DrawNum field from the PartRev table.
  • I’ve added the field to the query inside Report Builder (T1.DrawNum)

This field works for the top-level part.

I’m struggling to figure out how to get the underlying parts (assemblies / materials in the indented report) to show their corresponding Drawing Numbers.

I’m not sure if this needs to be a “calculated field” or not since I’m not actually “calculating” anything. But, I’m just not figuring out how (or where) to define the relationship between the drawing number and each corresponding sub part (assembly, material) that is being displayed in the report.

Not sure if this explanation is clear or not… hopefully you guys & gals will understand where I’m going.

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance!

EDIT: I should also add that I’m a cloud customer, so I do not have direct access to the SQL database. I don’t know if I can add/alter any Parameters if that is what I need to do.

Are you looking for the parts in JobDtl table?

No, shouldn’t be Job related. Just parts assigned to a BOM when you build the method of manufacture.

Image below is the Method on the Left… and resulting BOM Listing Report on the right.

I’m able to pull in the drawing number (highlighted green) for the top level part. But I’d like to get the drawing numbers for all the sub parts (highlighted yellow). That’s what I can’t figure out.