BPM checking security groups

Thanks, Carl. That security group thing must be new on 409C. I don't remember seeing that in 407. Anyway, I got it to work by setting the group, and then using a query that checked for RowMod = 'U' and that the OrderNum > '0'.

--Matt

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "CarlH" <carl.heeder@...> wrote:
>
> At first glance, this seems quite easy with a BPM. There is a built-in condition "if the user is a member of a specified security group"
>
> Then the question is: Can the code differentiate between add and update. Certainly the code can but remember that if a user in group B creates a sales order then 10 seconds later tries to correct a small entry error, this is an Update. You may want to think through what a user can and cannot do.
>
> For instance, we provide for a level of approvals on sales orders. The entry people can enter or edit orders until such time that they declare the order "Entered", After that that group can no longer make changes; that is limited to another group.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mattcald_73" <matt@> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone out there in Yahoo! Groupland written a BPM that fires based on a persons' security group? For Example, Group A is allowed to make changes to existing orders, but Group B cannot. However, I would like Group B to be able create new sales orders though. Process security doesn't appear to be granular enough for that. Any ideas? Thanks!
> >
> > --Matt
> >
>
Has anyone out there in Yahoo! Groupland written a BPM that fires based on a persons' security group? For Example, Group A is allowed to make changes to existing orders, but Group B cannot. However, I would like Group B to be able create new sales orders though. Process security doesn't appear to be granular enough for that. Any ideas? Thanks!

--Matt
At first glance, this seems quite easy with a BPM. There is a built-in condition "if the user is a member of a specified security group"

Then the question is: Can the code differentiate between add and update. Certainly the code can but remember that if a user in group B creates a sales order then 10 seconds later tries to correct a small entry error, this is an Update. You may want to think through what a user can and cannot do.

For instance, we provide for a level of approvals on sales orders. The entry people can enter or edit orders until such time that they declare the order "Entered", After that that group can no longer make changes; that is limited to another group.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mattcald_73" <matt@...> wrote:
>
> Has anyone out there in Yahoo! Groupland written a BPM that fires based on a persons' security group? For Example, Group A is allowed to make changes to existing orders, but Group B cannot. However, I would like Group B to be able create new sales orders though. Process security doesn't appear to be granular enough for that. Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> --Matt
>