BPM Help

I am setting up an email alert when an attachment gets attached to the order head it sends an email to quality. I can get the BPM to work but not with a condition. I only need it to send based on who entered the Order. I want the condition to only send if the OrderHed.EntryPerson equals certain names. I thought I could use what is list in this screen shot but the specified expression I can’t get. I am self taught limited programming skills.

What could I or should I use here?

That’s just going to be a string. You already have the Entry person part in the first part of that condition. You will have a condition for each person that you want in that list. (There is probably a way to get them all in one expression using the or…)

2 Likes

Your expression should be the UserID you want to trigger on, ie: “KWhite”

Edit, I find making a BAQ to display what I want the condition to do helps with making a BPM. So in this case making a BAQ that only displays orders with Person-X as the Entry Person and whatever else you’d want to use as the condition.

2 Likes

There is also a condition “If user is member of a security group”

Would that work better? That way you wouldn’t have to update the BPM as users move in and out of a position.

Mark W.

4 Likes

Ok I was close…I had wrong quotes. I have this now but do i need to create a condition for each person or just create a string?

Didn’t think about security group…good idea…I always forget about that.

I think either way would work, tryin “person 1” or “person 2” , and see if the syntax checker will allow it. Otherwise, you can make a row for each person.

Or use the security group setting. Many ways to skin a cat.

1 Like

Agree with Mark, a Security Group is good if it meets your needs, we use it often and more “future proof” for if/when people come and go from the company/department.

1 Like

That is what we use…

May you step through how to call BAQ in this case?

Generally you’d do this kind of BPM on the Update method of what you’re working with. Do a Trace to see what methods get called.

I’m new to this editor. how can I create a list of criteria, as I received Operator error using ||.
I’m avoiding to create a condition for each customerID

Add another row to condition 0 and select the “or” operator.

1 Like