BPM to uncheck 'Ready for Mass Print' on changed PO's

I haven’t found anyone else who’s asked for this and it’s something I thought would be fairly straightforward, but I have not yet been able to make it work.

Really, all we are looking for is a way to limit mass print functionality to print only new POs.

Currently, when a buyer needs to make a change to an existing PO, they need to unapprove it to do so. Once the change has been made and they re-approve it, the Ready to Mass Print checkbox is automatically enabled. Even though the correct option (Print Order As Changed) is selected, it doesn’t make a difference when we select mass print from the Actions menu - everything gets printed. New & Changed.

Of course, according to Epicor, this is functioning as designed.

This means users have to remember to UNcheck the Ready for Mass Print box manually. Which doesn’t always happen, and PO’s sometimes get reprinted and sent inadvertently.

Anyone have Ideas on how to make this BPM work, or have a more elegant solution?

Do you just want to be able to mass print changed PO’s separately from new PO’s?
Have you tried adding a custom search?
Filter on POHeader.ReadyToPrint (True) and POHeader.PrintAs (N = New, C = Change Order)

@jpmahala I added a flag allow mass print to poheader and if it is false I set the readytoprint to false in transaction DD. That prevents any accidental mass prints.

Simple solutions are the best!

Thanks - although I’m a bit embarrassed I didn’t think of using a BAQ search myself.