Build Project Analysis fails for one Project

I have 28 jobs linked to one project and the finally was able to get the Build Project Analysis to finish completely by process of elimination. I now have one job that if I add it back to the Project and run the BPA again it will fail with the following error. I have checked this one job for labor records, material and op records but cannot find anything that looks unusual compared to all the other jobs. If I run the BPA as of 2/28 it will process with that job but any as of date past that it will fail. So I am thinking some part transaction or labor transaction around that date?

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Erp.Internal.XA.XAP130_PTJ.Run_XAP130_PTJ(Boolean ipRegen, Nullable1 ipDate, String ipProjid, List1 vc_joblist, Boolean ipBldProjCmt, List`1 ttPartTranRows) in c:_Releases\ERP\UD10.1.400.21\Source\Server\Internal\XA\XAP130_PTJ\XAP130_PTJ.cs:line 330
at Erp.Internal.XA.XAP100.buildAnalysis(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in c:_Releases\ERP\UD10.1.400.21\Source\Server\Internal\XA\XAP100\XAP100.cs:line 1009
at Erp.Internal.XA.XAP100.RunProcess(Int64 InstanceTaskNum, String OutputFileName) in c:_Releases\ERP\UD10.1.400.21\Source\Server\Internal\XA\XAP100\XAP100.cs:line 618
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.21\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 73
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask(Boolean suppressTransaction) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.21\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 31
at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.21\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask

I just at looked at the source for that internal lib… boy howdy (that one call Run_XAP130_PTJ is over 700 lines). You are going need to get support involved to troubleshoot this one. May the gods be with you.

2 Likes

I second that one…BPA, is a favorite of many…NOT!

I would agree but here is another reminder why companies should stay on maintenance! Anyway I was hoping someone else ran into and was able to fix without having to get support help.

Thanks

I recently investigated this exact issue, below is my answer.
TL;DR: It is a bug

Was the job that is giving you trouble ever assigned to a different project? That was the cause of some errors for me in the past - maybe not the same error though.