Bulk change default report style? - Solution Workbench not handing this

I am bringing over a bunch of reports into a new E10 version, but solution workbench isn’t retaining them as the default. Instead, I have to open up each report style and set these custom reports to default. Any way to do this in bulk? I can’t find which SQL table to write a query on.

??

1 Like

HI Adam,

I know this post was from the beginning of the year, but wondering if you had found any ‘solution’ to this (bulk change default report style). Or how to create a BAQ to pull the defaults from our E9 database.

1 Like

As far as I know, the table ReportDefaultStyle isn’t exposed to users in E9 or E10.
I’m not sure if business logic is doing more than just updating this table.

You might be able to update directly via SQL but… I’d be extra cautious and verify everything on a test system.

When we went live with E10 we used the vanilla version of our database (a database without any default report styles). During the upgrade procedure I ran the following SQL. You could change it to an update if you need to do a mass update / change. We didn’t have any problems.

INSERT INTO [EpicorERPPilot].[Ice].[ReportDefaultStyle]
VALUES ('ARForm', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('CustSt', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('EmpBadge', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('ShopLoadReport', 'GLCT', '1002', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('InvWip', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('JobPickl', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('JobTrav', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('MaterialTranDet', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('OrderAck', 'GLCT', '1002', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('PackSlip', 'GLCT', '1002', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('POForm', 'GLCT', '1005', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('PrioDisp', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('ProdDtl', 'GLCT', '1002', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('ProFormaInvc', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('QuotForm', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('SalesTax', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('SOPick', 'GLCT', '1002', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('StkStat', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('SubCPack', 'GLCT', '1002', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('TimePhase', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('RMAForm', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT),
('MscPack', 'GLCT', '1001', '0', DEFAULT, DEFAULT)
2 Likes

Thank you, I’m going to pass this onto our IT!!!

Careful though. Epicor Support can yank your support contract if they feel you are doing something that is not supported.

3 Likes

Wait… so is the conclusion of this thread that there is literally no way for migration using the Solution Workbench to actually save everything properly so it gets installed right? We have our SQL set up as read-only, so at the moment it appears that after each migration pass we must manually go into the Report Style Maintenance screen and set the default for each and every report in our system. That doesn’t seem right to me!

1 Like

DMT? Not sure if it can handle this

1 Like

I am still seeing this issue in 10.2.500.8 for reference.

1 Like

This post is a bit old, but the problem seems to still persist in Kinetic 2021 and I cannot find any table with the default report style. It would be great if Epicor could fix the solution workbench to keep default reports.

2 Likes

Anyone ever get a solution to this? I see the table they are stored in, but no DMT