Call Log Customization

I recent had to call Epicor support for the same issue - here is a way that it can be done non-programatically

1. Launch the sub-process in developed mode and note the Process Key and Calling App, this appears on the very first pop-up.
2. Close the sub-process
3. Go to System Mgmt | Utilities | Sub-Process Maintenance
4. Find the sub-process you are needing to change and select the customization for that sub-process. Note the Process ID
5. Open Process Calling Maintenance in the menu location
6. Create a new record
6.1 Called process reference is the Process Key you wrote down in Step 1
6.2 Leave called from blank if you want all forms that reference the sub-process to call your customization. If you want only a single form to call that customization, then enter the Calling App name you wrote down in Step 1
6.3 Menu ID is the Process ID you wrote down in Step 4

One tricky thing you need to watch for is that some sub processes end in ".dll" and the same sub-process in another form does not. To fix this oddity, create 2 new records in Step 6, one for the ".dll" and one without. Other fields will be filled out the same.

Thanks,
Kunal

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 4:23:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Call Log Customization

The reason that your customization does not appear when you click the “Add” button on the Salesperson Workbench is because the developer who added the VB.Net or C# code for the button click event is launching the dll instead of the Process ID where your customization is deployed.

In order to look at this you need to make a copy of the Salesperson Workbench. Leave the original Workbench as is and copy this Query as YourCoName Salesperson Workbench (or whatever you want to call it)

Open up the copied Dashboard with Developer turned on. Then right click on the icon on the tree view under the BAQ zCustTackerCRMCalls called ‘By Customer’ and select ‘Customize Tracker View.’ This opens the Customization Tools Dialog screen. Then click on the ‘Script Editor’ tab and you can see the code that launches CRMCallEntry:

ProcessCaller. LaunchForm( DBTVP_a73690fd_ be4b_4275_ b709_786a9b6e775 a , "Epicor.Mfg. UI.CRMCallEntry. dll", crmArgs);

In order for the dashboard to pick up the customization you would need to use the Process ID of CRGO9999 here instead. Highlight the "Epicor.Mfg. UI.CRMCallEntry. dll" and paste over with CRGO9999 (use the letter O and not the number 0) Go to the "All" tab and copy over the dll with the same process ID so it works in both places

Several of the other Tracker Views on this dashboard use a Process ID so you can see how it is done by looking at that code. Then to make this changed version of the Salesperson Workbench available it will need to be deployed on Menu Maintenance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, drew.pete <drew.pete@yahoo. com> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Call Log Customization
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 4:54 PM

We just recently made the move to log customer correspondence regarding certain issues using the call log located in Customer Maintenance as well as a few other locations. The Call Log is a Sub Process in which I created a customization but cannot get it to pull through. I've gone into sub process maintenance already and chose my customization for CRM Call Entry but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drew

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We just recently made the move to log customer correspondence regarding certain issues using the call log located in Customer Maintenance as well as a few other locations. The Call Log is a Sub Process in which I created a customization but cannot get it to pull through. I've gone into sub process maintenance already and chose my customization for CRM Call Entry but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drew
The CRM Call modifications are a little tricky because unlike the other queries in the Salesperson workbench it calls out the form instead of the process ID. You are going to have to modify the script in two places (one on the CRM Customer tab and the other on the All Tab) to call the process ID to make it work. I'll send you the instructions in another email

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, drew.pete <drew.pete@...> wrote:

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

Thanks,

Drew

The reason that your customization does not appear when you click the “Add” button on the Salesperson Workbench is because the developer who added the VB.Net or C# code for the button click event is launching the dll instead of the Process ID where your customization is deployed.
Â
In order to look at this you need to make a copy of the Salesperson Workbench. Leave the original Workbench as is and copy this Query as YourCoName Salesperson Workbench (or whatever you want to call it)
Â
Open up the copied Dashboard with Developer turned on. Then right click on the icon on the tree view under the BAQ zCustTackerCRMCalls called ‘By Customer’ and select ‘Customize Tracker View.’ This opens the Customization Tools Dialog screen. Then click on the ‘Script Editor’ tab and you can see the code that launches CRMCallEntry:
Â
ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(DBTVP_a73690fd_be4b_4275_b709_786a9b6e775a , "Epicor.Mfg.UI.CRMCallEntry.dll", crmArgs);
Â
In order for the dashboard to pick up the customization you would need to use the Process ID of CRGO9999 here instead. Highlight the "Epicor.Mfg.UI.CRMCallEntry.dll" and paste over with CRGO9999 (use the letter O and not the number 0) Go to the "All" tab and copy over the dll with the same process ID so it works in both places
Â
Several of the other Tracker Views on this dashboard use a Process ID so you can see how it is done by looking at that code. Then to make this changed version of the Salesperson Workbench available it will need to be deployed on Menu Maintenance.
Â
Please let me know if you have any questions.

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, drew.pete <drew.pete@...> wrote:

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

Thanks,

Drew

That makes sense, however, I was looking to customize the call log button in the menu toolbar in Customer Maintenance. It would be nice if selection of that call log icon would call the CRM Call log subprocess. I'm guessing this is asking quite a bit but I could be wrong....