Call Service Connect workflow from Epicor Customization

Is it possible to call a Service Connect workflow from the Epicor form customization?
For an example I want to create the button to the AP Invoice Entry screen, which runs Service Connect workflow.
I know that this is possible with BPM, but activate BPM from customization is also impossible?

Iā€™m not aware of any way to do this directly, but there are ways to achieve it.

Two that we have used are either updating an Epicor table from customization code, which can then trigger a SC workflow via BPM as standard, or dropping a text file into a folder that Service Connect monitors, which is also possible via standard C# code.

Service Connect gurus may know more.

2 Likes

Daryl is correct, you could invoke the SC Web Service but that requires a lot more code and work than just dropping a file in a folder.
You could (as you suggested) invoke your BPM from your customization or maybe even use UBAQ

Thank you for the response.

These two methods are also familiar to me.

Would scheduling the ESC workflow on a regular basis be sufficient? Then no button would be required, unless you are wanting to perform some specific task that was not based on specific data criteria.

We need to run the ESC after all AP Invoices are added to the group.
I created button which refreshes screen and adds keyword to the callContextBPM.Character01 field.
Then I created method BPM for the GetByID method. There is Condition to check this callContextBPM field and if this is True then it calls ESC workflow and resets callContextBPM field.
Everything works well. :slight_smile:
Thanks everyone for the response.

1 Like