Cannot Delete Part

These are brand new parts and we haven't sold any of them yet so there are no records in PartTran.

I would prefer to dlete them if at all possible.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "saab_barracuda" <chris.clunn@...> wrote:
>
> Are there any transactions in PartTran for the parts? If the transactions aren't posted, there are options but not good ones. You can always just mark the parts inactive and change descriptions to "DO NOT USE" or something to that effect.
>
> Chris
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "johngeh" <johngeh@> wrote:
> >
> > A new employee created a bunch of new parts that didn't follow our standard naming convention.
> >
> > I used the duplicate feature to create a copy of the part with the right part number but I can't delete the record with the wrong part number. When I try to delete it, I get a message "Delete not allowed. Referenced by at least one Bin Number." The only bin that I can find is under Plants, Warehouses, Current Location. I have tried to delete it but nothing happens.
> >
> > I am stuck. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > John
> >
>
A new employee created a bunch of new parts that didn't follow our standard naming convention.

I used the duplicate feature to create a copy of the part with the right part number but I can't delete the record with the wrong part number. When I try to delete it, I get a message "Delete not allowed. Referenced by at least one Bin Number." The only bin that I can find is under Plants, Warehouses, Current Location. I have tried to delete it but nothing happens.

I am stuck. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

John
Are there any transactions in PartTran for the parts? If the transactions aren't posted, there are options but not good ones. You can always just mark the parts inactive and change descriptions to "DO NOT USE" or something to that effect.

Chris

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "johngeh" <johngeh@...> wrote:
>
> A new employee created a bunch of new parts that didn't follow our standard naming convention.
>
> I used the duplicate feature to create a copy of the part with the right part number but I can't delete the record with the wrong part number. When I try to delete it, I get a message "Delete not allowed. Referenced by at least one Bin Number." The only bin that I can find is under Plants, Warehouses, Current Location. I have tried to delete it but nothing happens.
>
> I am stuck. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> John
>