Change an existing resource group to be Finite

I am trying to change an existing resource group from Infinite to Finite. I have done research and everything states that Checking the Finite box on the Resource in that resource group is what needs to be done. I have done this and the jobs still overload my capacity. Has anyone else run into this? Is there something else I need to do to make this work?
Thanks

Did you set a finite horizon? If so, what is it?
Does your finite horizon on the plant or site contradict what is on the resource?
Have you rescheduled the overloaded jobs to see if they move?

You may need to re-run the Generate Shop Capacity process after a change like that.

The Finite Horizon is 0 in both area’s.
I created and scheduled the job After I set the resource group to finite and it still overloaded the capacity.

We don’t use the Generate Shop Capacity process. What exactly is this used for?

Set your finite horizon to something that represents how many days you want the resources to be scheduled infinite. In order to circumvent any “hierarchy” rules, I would set the resources AND the plant finite horizon to the same value. We schedule finite for a 2 year period, it works.

We are using Version EP102700
I have finally been able to try all of the above suggestions and none of them worked.
if anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know.

Gill has retired but I am the Database Admin so maybe I can shed some light

A couple basic settings

Gil had some troubles when this wasnt set properly and along with these two

You mentioned you set it to 0, did you mean literally have you tried putting a value like 365 in there?
0 does not always mean what people think it means when it comes to settings

Henry,
I did have 0 but changed to 730 for 2 years as suggested at one point.
I think I have everything set just as you showed in your reply now. I did notice that I didn’t have the Finite Horizon set on the resource group but I did now. A job has been entered on top of all the ones I already created and it was still scheduled as an overload.
Is there some kind of process that needs to be run after a finite horizon has been changed in the system?

Not that it’d allow overload but
Under System Management \ Schedule Processes \ Generate Shop Capacity Process (someone else mentioned that)

the question is, is it a handful of jobs being allowed to be overloaded, or all jobs, patterns?

Its not “at one point”. You should setup a test system, and make all these changes permanent in test, and keep adjusting till it works. Its like whack a mole, if you try something and change it back, you’ll constantly be chasing the mole or your tail

if the 3 pictures are setup right, rerun shop capacity, is it multiple resources being overloaded or just specific ones? is it partially functioning?

If by the end of the logic tree everything seems correct, than you might have to have Epicor experts look into it.

I would also rerun Calculate Global Scheduling Order

If for some odd reason Epicor is of no help. The final option is doing it the hard way
In problem solving, I say to break everything down to the simpliest factors, and remove as many variables as possible

I would do things in test like, limit it down to 1 part to rerun just to see how things behave.
Gil and I had issues with MRP and after breaking down the process, and observing behavior, we narrowed down what the unexpected issues were.