Change from from Other to Stock parts on PO

You should be able to add Job Material even if the Part doesn't exist in Part Master. Just enter a PO, select Job Material, let it go to Job Material Maintenance, add the part, description, qty etc. When it comes back to the PO the Part and Description will have already been filled in.

----- Original Message -----
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:33 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Change from from Other to Stock parts on PO.

ordered a whole passel of parts for a hot project but could not order them as Job material because the part numbers were not yet added to the system, so I ordered them as Other. Once the part numbers were added to the system I was able to change them to Stock items, but I was not able to change the PO Lines to Job material because the stuff wasn't added to the Job Material listing for that particular job. Now it has been added, but I am unable to change my PO Lines to be Job instead of Stock. The choices on the line are all grayed out. I see no indication of how to resolve this in help, is this the way it is supposed to work? I was able to change Other lines to Stock by entering the part number, but can't change the Stock items to Job Material. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks
bill

---------------------------------
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
Yahoo! Groups Links

ordered a whole passel of parts for a hot project but could not order them as Job material because the part numbers were not yet added to the system, so I ordered them as Other. Once the part numbers were added to the system I was able to change them to Stock items, but I was not able to change the PO Lines to Job material because the stuff wasn't added to the Job Material listing for that particular job. Now it has been added, but I am unable to change my PO Lines to be Job instead of Stock. The choices on the line are all grayed out. I see no indication of how to resolve this in help, is this the way it is supposed to work? I was able to change Other lines to Stock by entering the part number, but can't change the Stock items to Job Material. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks
bill

---------------------------------
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.