Checkbox click event

Which field is complaining?

The UD field? or the BPM variable?

If I use the BPM to set the UD field it throws an error that the field cannot be set to null. I have tried setting it within a setter in the BPM and it always throws the error

If I try to set it within the custom code on the either on the form or in the BPM it doesn’t throw the error but it doesn’t change it either. It leaves the date filled in.

I can go in with an updateable BAQ and wipe it out but that isn’t the way I want to set it.

Then the field is not nullable.

Either use a different type of field like a string, or set it to the default value, which
is either 1900-01-01 00:00:00.000 or that Progress Guys Birthday or something(October 30 1953).

Does the BPM have a method like SetUDFieldNotSpecified or something along those lines?

While it is not the desired result I will use the 1900 date for now. It just seems odd that I can clear it out via updateable BAQ but not by any other means.

I am still learning BPMs so I don’t know where to look for the BPM method you suggested.

That does seem odd. Since it is a UD field, You could try setting it with the Db context on
post processing.

I have tried that and it still does not set the date field to null. It doesn’t throw an error but it does not change the value of the field.

Hi I am adding the same event on my checkbox but I keep getting this error

Error: CS1061 - line 68 (1699) - ‘Script’ does not contain a definition for ‘chkComplete’ and no extension method ‘chkComplete’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Script’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)**

Any help will appreciate.

Unlike other programming environments you might be used use, you cannot use the field name directly for a reference. You need to grab a handle using the cam.getNativeReference to do so. There is an example earlier in this thread for compDate.