Clear a checkbox before leaving

Neil, That was interesting! The box didn't clear immediately but did AFTER the message came up and was acknowledged which is exactly what I wanted to happen in the first place. Sequentially it doesn't make sense but it works! Thanks for the suggestion.
-KarlÂ

Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 5:16 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Clear a checkbox before leaving

Â
Hi Karl,

Not sure, but I would try doing the assign before the message.

- Neil

From: mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karl Dash
Sent: Tuesday, 18 September 2012 8:59 AM
To: Vantage Group
Subject: [Vantage] Clear a checkbox before leaving

All,
I have a BPM that requires the appropriate user to check it for electronic approval. However, if an ineligible user tries to check the box, I will issue a message and then want to clear the box. The code below on a pre-processing BPM is:

if ttDMRHead.CheckOff1 = TRUE and DCD-USERID <> "kdash" then do:
assign ttDMRHead.ShortChar07 = DCD-USERID + " " + string(TODAY). END.
else do:
{lib/PublishInfoMsg.i &InfoMsg = "'This user is not allowed to update this checkbox'"}.
ASSIGN ttDMRHead.CheckOff1 = FALSE. END.

The message comes up for the ineligible user but the field is not subsequently cleared. Why?

Thanks -Karl Progress 803.408

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.

The DH Gibson Group of Companies - http://www.gibsonshopfitters.com.au/

P Please consider our shared environment before printing this communication.

All,
 I have a BPM that requires the appropriate user to check it for electronic approval. However, if an ineligible user tries to check the box, I will issue a message and then want to clear the box. The code below on a pre-processing BPM is:
Â
if ttDMRHead.CheckOff1 = TRUE and DCD-USERID <> "kdash" then do:Â
  else do:
  {lib/PublishInfoMsg.i &InfoMsg = "'This user is not allowed to update this checkbox'"}.
Â
The message comes up for the ineligible user but the field is not subsequently cleared. Why?
Â

Hi Karl,

Not sure, but I would try doing the assign before the message.

- Neil

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karl Dash
Sent: Tuesday, 18 September 2012 8:59 AM
To: Vantage Group
Subject: [Vantage] Clear a checkbox before leaving

All,

if ttDMRHead.CheckOff1 = TRUE and DCD-USERID <> "kdash" then do:
else do:

Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.

The DH Gibson Group of Companies - http://www.gibsonshopfitters.com.au

P Please consider our shared environment before printing this communication.