Code to get data from the CallContextDataset

Jose

I am trying to limit which jobs or which quotes a person can see based upon their Userid.

For example "User-A" can see all jobs for "Customer-b".

I am trying to provide additional security in a couple of program like Job Entry and Quote Entry(We do not have CRM) based upon a persons UserID. I tried using BPM's but did not have very good results in that if I created an exception the system would then ask if they wanted to create the record and that failed. My approach now is that before the data is actually read in I want to read the data first and then if the user does not have pemission I will just pop up a message.

Below is a trace log of the information where what I want to do is obtain the parameters below in particular the  42487 which in this case is the quote number. 

<parameter name='ipquoteNum' type='int'>< ![CDATA[42487]]></parameter>

Does anybody have a snippet of code that I could use to do that?

Thanks it would certainly help alot.

TRACE LOG

<tracePacket>
 <businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.Quote</businessObject>
 <methodName>CheckQuoteSecurity</methodName>
 <returnType>void</returnType>
 <localTime>8/24/2016 16:17:47:8005989 PM</localTime>
 <executionTime>26</executionTime>
 <parameters>
  <parameter name='cc' type='Epicor.Mfg.Core.CallContext.CallContextDataSet'>< CallContextDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Mfg/100/BO.CallContext/CallContextDataSet">
  <BpmData>
    <RowIdent />
  </BpmData>
< /CallContextDataSet></parameter>
 <parameter name='ipquoteNum' type='int'>< ![CDATA[42487]]></parameter>
 </parameters>
 <paramDataSetChanges>
  <paramDataSet name='cc' useDataSetNbr='0' >
  </paramDataSet>
 </paramDataSetChanges>
< /tracePacket>

Is there a reason why you can't use the built in security? Maybe we can help you get that to work?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 5:00 PM, kbechard@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><span></span></p><p>I am trying to provide additional security in a couple of program like Job Entry and Quote Entry(We do not have CRM) based upon a persons UserID. I tried using BPM&#39;s but did not have very good results in that if I created an exception the system would then ask if they wanted to create the record and that failed. My approach now is that before the data is actually read in I want to read the data first and then if the user does not have pemission I will just pop up a message.</p><p> </p><p>Below is a trace log of the information where what I want to do is obtain the parameters below in particular the  42487 which in this case is the quote number. </p><p>&lt;parameter name=&#39;ipquoteNum&#39; type=&#39;int&#39;&gt;&lt; ![CDATA[42487]]&gt;&lt;/parameter&gt;</p><p>Does anybody have a snippet of code that I could use to do that?</p><p>Thanks it would certainly help alot.</p><p> </p><p>TRACE LOG</p><p>&lt;tracePacket&gt;<br>  &lt;businessObject&gt;Epicor.Mfg. BO.Quote&lt;/businessObject&gt;<br>  &lt;methodName&gt; CheckQuoteSecurity&lt;/ methodName&gt;<br>  &lt;returnType&gt;void&lt;/returnType&gt;<br>  &lt;localTime&gt;8/24/2016 16:17:47:8005989 PM&lt;/localTime&gt;<br>  &lt;executionTime&gt;26&lt;/ executionTime&gt;<br>  &lt;parameters&gt;<br>   &lt;parameter name=&#39;cc&#39; type=&#39;Epicor.Mfg.Core. CallContext. CallContextDataSet&#39;&gt;&lt; CallContextDataSet xmlns=&quot;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.epicor.com/Mfg/100/BO.CallContext/CallContextDataSet">http://www.epicor.com/ Mfg/100/BO.CallContext/ CallContextDataSet</a>&quot;&gt;<br>   &lt;BpmData&gt;<br>     &lt;RowIdent /&gt;<br>   &lt;/BpmData&gt;<br>&lt; /CallContextDataSet&gt;&lt;/ parameter&gt;<br>  &lt;parameter name=&#39;ipquoteNum&#39; type=&#39;int&#39;&gt;&lt; ![CDATA[42487]]&gt;&lt;/parameter&gt;<br>  &lt;/parameters&gt;<br>  &lt;paramDataSetChanges&gt;<br>   &lt;paramDataSet name=&#39;cc&#39; useDataSetNbr=&#39;0&#39; &gt;<br>   &lt;/paramDataSet&gt;<br>  &lt;/paramDataSetChanges&gt;<br>&lt; /tracePacket&gt;</p><p> </p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>